Reinstall Windows 7 on Laptop

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Reinstall Windows 7 on Laptop

Post by phuketrichard »

Digg3r wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:32 am
StroppyChops wrote:, but almost EVERY computer place in the kingdom will wipe your hard drive if they get a chance. It's a game they play.
Standard practise everywhere. Time is money and data recovery is expensive. It's not a game. Given that only an idiot would not schedule regular backups why would it matter?
StroppyChops wrote:I take my hard drives out before sending a machine out for any work,
now that would make reinstalling the OS difficult wouldn't it? Not really relevant for the OP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk
LOL

i'd say without a hard drive 100% impossible to install the operating system... :beer3:

Anytime before u reinstall an op system, u'd always want to wipe the hard drive & reformat the HD so ur starting with a blank hard drive

One reason very VERY IMPORTANT to do backups regularly
also set restore points manually.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

StroppyChops wrote:I take my hard drives out before sending a machine out for any work,
now that would make reinstalling the OS difficult wouldn't it? Not really relevant for the OP.
I really appreciate you being around to correct and chastise me constantly - you make me feel like one of those historical figures that employ a guy to constantly tell him "you're just a man, you're just a man" so he doesn't get too arrogant. I know how much effort you're putting into this, so thanks.

I'm sorry I let you down as you needed me to be more precise, "I take the hard drives out unless I need work done on software." I hope that's clearer for you, I just thought the average poster would actually get that implication. Please do let me know where you think I'm wrong in the future, or if I haven't explained myself exactly to your preferences.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:10 am LOL

i'd say without a hard drive 100% impossible to install the operating system... :beer3:
Hyuk hyuk! Very droll! Almost as funny as when Digr said it!

:beer3:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

SC it is futile to assume a certain modicom of sophistication on the part of cheap shot "artistes."!
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

SC;
i am curious;
what work can u have done on a computer that does not need it to be turned on ( which without a HD cant be) and tested if it works??
If u install any hard ware, u need test it, which means u need hd and the software to do so.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:09 pm SC;
i am curious;
what work can u have done on a computer that does not need it to be turned on ( which without a HD cant be) and tested if it works??
If u install any hard ware, u need test it, which means u need hd and the software to do so.
A fair bit, actually. You can test the motherboard, RAM, power supply, and good/bad states on the graphics card. You can also boot the PC from a DVD or USB device for diagnostics purposes.

Devices need to work at a machine (mechanical) level before they even get close to working at an operating system (software) level, and the computer can report on this without the presence of an OS.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

StroppyChops wrote:
I really appreciate you being around to correct and chastise me constantly - you make me feel like one of those historical figures that employ a guy to constantly tell him "you're just a man, you're just a man" so he doesn't get too arrogant. I know how much effort you're putting into this, so thanks.

I'm sorry I let you down as you needed me to be more precise, "I take the hard drives out unless I need work done on software." I hope that's clearer for you, I just thought the average poster would actually get that implication. Please do let me know where you think I'm wrong in the future, or if I haven't explained myself exactly to your preferences.
Perhaps you wish you could just moderate the forum. Our maybe just give me negative karma. As for being employed by you, fuck that. There isn't a high enough salary to work for a know it all such as yourself.

I guess you missed the point. A person with limited technical knowledge wants to get his os reinstalled. Your advice was to remove the storage first. Now I understood your action but someone who needs help to install an os might think you are correct in his particular circumstance. Which you are obviously not.

No need to get all passive aggressive about it.

Now Richard, all you need to achieve POST is a motherboard, CPU, RAM and power.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

ceotroll
Tourist
Australia

Post by ceotroll »

This may sound like a stupid question, but why are we reinstalling Win 7 and not going all out for Win10? Is it a licensing thing, because if you end up at 99% of stores in PP, I'd bet a testicle on it not being legit....
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'd guess privacy issues...Win 8 was a total effup, almost anything would be better than 8.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if the machine was built for win7 it is best to stick to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic