Weather in June?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Weather in June?

Post by taabarang »

"Think -2 Centigrade, high humidity, no heating, and visibility of around 2 inches for days on end...."

In northern Maine we called that Spring.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

taabarang wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am "Think -2 Centigrade, high humidity, no heating, and visibility of around 2 inches for days on end...."

In northern Maine we called that Spring.
I am guessing in northern Maine you have things like heating and double-glazed windows?

I am pretty good with the cold but hitting the tiled floor at 5am in an unheated room was not much fun.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I am guessing in northern Maine you have things like heating and double-glazed windows?"

I don't know what the situation is now since I haven't been there since 1990. Few houses had insulation, that's what snow on the roof was for. I had a wood burning stove so mornings were damned cold. In fact even with the stove fire blazing, I had to wear layers of clothing inside. Blankets, thick ones, were a blessing. As was Gluehwein. No glazed windows and damn few because they were unglazed. I remember teaching, fly fishing for trout in the spring and deer hunting in the fall with fondness. In fact those were the only reasons I stayed there for ten years before I packed up and headed for California.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

taabarang wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 am "I am guessing in northern Maine you have things like heating and double-glazed windows?"

I don't know what the situation is now since I haven't been there since 1990. Few houses had insulation, that's what snow on the roof was for. I had a wood burning stove so mornings were damned cold. In fact even with the stove fire blazing, I had to wear layers of clothing inside. Blankets, thick ones, were a blessing. As was Gluehwein. No glazed windows and damn few because they were unglazed. I remember teaching, fly fishing for trout in the spring and deer hunting in the fall with fondness. In fact those were the only reasons I stayed there for ten years before I packed up and headed for California.
I am talking about the average American, not effing Grizzly Man :beer3:

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I am talking about the average American..."

I've no effing desire to be average nor do I cultivate friendships with those who are.
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Post by LeesaJohnson »

It varies from 37 degrees to 43 degrees.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

taabarang wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm "I am talking about the average American..."

I've no effing desire to be average nor do I cultivate friendships with those who are.
:plus1: :Bravo:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic