Weather in June?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Weather in June?

Post by cptrelentless »

Generally the rain starts off light in June. It pisses down torrential ly in July/Aug. So it'll be wet but not monsoon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm Generally the rain starts off light in June. It pisses down torrential ly in July/Aug. So it'll be wet but not monsoon.

This.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:26 pm Generally the rain starts off light in June. It pisses down torrential ly in July/Aug. So it'll be wet but not monsoon.

This.
OK

So are you SURE i wont see any green rice paddies?

also regarding airasia 6 LETTER booking code, is that what i use as a flight reference for VISA ON ARRIVAL application form, or do i need actual flight number, cant see one, tried to check in but says i cant??
More than just any old backpacker.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

It asks for arrival and depart flight number on VOA. As you are sat on the plane at the time of filling the forms in (bring a pen) you can add it then. Or add something vaguely plausible, I've never known them to check, or else I've been living at a hotel I never went to for the last three years.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

snookieboi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:52 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm

This.
OK

So are you SURE i wont see any green rice paddies?

also regarding airasia 6 LETTER booking code, is that what i use as a flight reference for VISA ON ARRIVAL application form, or do i need actual flight number, cant see one, tried to check in but says i cant??
Rice is planted towards the end of May so it will be a little green but not very lush. Of course all a bit weather defendant.

Are you going for a VOA or visa waiver (depending on your nationality)? They do not really give a shit about the flight number, with a visa waiver there is nothing to fill out anyway.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

cptrelentless wrote: It asks for arrival and depart flight number on VOA. As you are sat on the plane at the time of filling the forms in (bring a pen) you can add it then. Or add something vaguely plausible, I've never known them to check, or else I've been living at a hotel I never went to for the last three years.
Thank's for that info.
hanno wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:43 pmRice is planted towards the end of May so it will be a little green but not very lush. Of course all a bit weather defendant.

Are you going for a VOA or visa waiver (depending on your nationality)? They do not really give a shit about the flight number, with a visa waiver there is nothing to fill out anyway.
Yea i just asked someone on tripadvisor, they reccomed April/May:

@The best time to visit Sapa is from april to May, when you can see the yellow rice fields, the scenery is really awesome. They will harvest rice from end of May to June so if you visit there in June, you maybe miss that scenery. And in April, the weather in Sapa is nice. It's hot in daytime and cool at night. It doesn't rain much. Sometimes it can rain heavily but will stop in the short time@

Regarding the booking ref, i eventually managed to get the flight number, which didn''t initially show up for some obscure reason, maybe connection is a bit too slow.

So anyways, flight booked already for April, 1 month VOA applied for and paid, waiting for letter. Hopefully this is better than free Visa exemption, as i then will need POOT, moreso than with a Visa.

Thanks for help guys.

:hattip:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

That advice was wrong, I worked in Sa Pa for 2 years.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

hanno wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 am That advice was wrong, I worked in Sa Pa for 2 years.
Fair enough. I could even return in June.

I bet you had a great time there. What doing, if i can ask?
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

^ planting rice
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

snookieboi wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 am
hanno wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 am That advice was wrong, I worked in Sa Pa for 2 years.
Fair enough. I could even return in June.

I bet you had a great time there. What doing, if i can ask?
Just like now, working in a hotel. Loved Sa Pa in spring, summer, and autumn; absolutely hated it in winter. Think -2 Centigrade, high humidity, no heating, and visibility of around 2 inches for days on end....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic