Minor roof repairs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by juansweetpotato » Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 am

vladimir wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 am
Plastic board from PBC, silicon gun, done.
Actually, the owner wants me to move in with her cousin for 2 weeks while she has the roof and ceiling repaired.
I was trying to understand why a 3 hour job could take so long. Then I realised that they use the shittiest cheapest materials, and must get the whole thing replaced every 3 to 4 years. You can't repair something you can push your finger through.
How do they afford to do this and why? lol - it's rhetorical.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1437
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by Duncan » Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 am

juansweetpotato wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 am
vladimir wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 am
Plastic board from PBC, silicon gun, done.
Actually, the owner wants me to move in with her cousin for 2 weeks
while she has the roof and ceiling repaired.
I was trying to understand why a 3 hour job could take so long. Then I realised that they use the shittiest cheapest materials, and must get the whole thing replaced every 3 to 4 years. You can't repair something you can push your finger through.
How do they afford to do this and why? lol - it's rhetorical.

Before we comment more on this roof repair job, can you not show us a photo of it, ,,,,,, and her cousin. How big is the hole, one finger size or two ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by vladimir » Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Jesus, Lexus Schittus didn't whine. Maybe it will snow.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 2844
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 275

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

You gave a recommendation, which is fair enough. Wouldn't last more than a few weeks, but a recommendation nonetheless.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rock987
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:51 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by rock987 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am

juansweetpotato wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm
Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
I have a guy who does good roof repair work at a reasonable price.
You can call him on this number: (252) 473-2888
Thanks
User avatar
chkwoot
Expatriate
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 5:03 pm
Reputation: 108
Location: is everything
Cambodia

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by chkwoot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 am

rock987 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am
juansweetpotato wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm
Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
I have a guy who does good roof repair work at a reasonable price.
You can call him on this number: (252) 473-2888
Thanks
That phone number is for a roofing company in North Carolina, USA. Are you stupid or a stupid spam-bot?
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1437
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by Duncan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:21 am

chkwoot wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 am
rock987 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am
juansweetpotato wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm
Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
I have a guy who does good roof repair work at a reasonable price.
You can call him on this number: (252) 473-2888
Thanks
That phone number is for a roofing company in North Carolina, USA. Are you stupid or a stupid spam-bot?
So what ,,, Maybe they have Fly-in Fly-out workers .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: Minor roof repairs

Post by juansweetpotato » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:04 am

B
Duncan wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:21 am
chkwoot wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:55 am
rock987 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 am
juansweetpotato wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm
Anyone know someone who is OK at getting on those tins roofs to repair a few leaks before next rainy season? In PP.
Thanks
Hello,
I have a guy who does good roof repair work at a reasonable price.
You can call him on this number: (252) 473-2888
Thanks
That phone number is for a roofing company in North Carolina, USA. Are you stupid or a stupid spam-bot?
So what ,,, Maybe they have Fly-in Fly-out workers .
It was probably Playboy taking the piss.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: atkins, k, daeum_tnaot and 101 guests