Question Regarding Marriage

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Question Regarding Marriage

Post by AndyKK »

This seems to be so much trouble to my liking. For what reason to get married! Is it to take the lady to your own countries?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Only reason i got married was so my daughter's mom could go live with us in the states
after we married it was over in 3 years after we had been together 8 before we married
go figure
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have been there! Married a Thai. Happy together, no problem in Thailand. Took her to the UK. She hated it. Marriage was over a few years after that. She is happy in Thailand now.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I think it would be easier to buy the Khmer girl a passport. Then give the family a boat load of money. Then give the girl a lot of money also, so then she can come on her own steam and visit you when she wishers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Langdinamen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 pm hello! Do you know how many days for processing married document at Ministry of Interior?
Can take anywhere from 1 week to several months, average time seems to be about 1 -2 months.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

K440 link no longer works. Possible to repost the guide again? PSD-Kiwi?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic