Question Regarding Marriage

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
johnnycanuck2017
Tourist

Re: Question Regarding Marriage

Post by johnnycanuck2017 »

haha I am so fucked :P haha canadian government has seen it fit that it will take 28 months to process her application....and in that time she cannot come visit canada at all because if they deny her a tourist visa, they stop work on processing her spousal sponsorship papers....haha but if I become her husband there does it mean I am allowed to work there? or I have to show them a university diploma to be able to fullfill the work permit requirements? :)
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

28 months seems like a long time, they were suppose to drop it to less than a year but the Liberals are too busy bringing in Syrians by the plane loads to concentrate on spousal visas. You haven't provided much info about your fiancee's situation (ie. work, assets, etc) so it's hard to assess if a tourist visa would be granted. You'll also be grilled on your relationship so I hope you've documented everything, how you met your fiancé, trips, pics with the family, so on. Also don't know much about your work qualifications and situation in Canada, but 30k$CDN after taxes is probably about 18k$USD, which you may be able to make out here...and it would go farther. In the end, if you wish to bring her back, all will rest on whether or not you chose a suitable fiancé from facebook.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

johnnycanuck2017 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 10:41 pm Image Yesterday I got full-time status at my work, so it basically means I get a small pay raise to go with it, so this is great news for me, but the question I have is if I take my what amounts to a contract stating the terms of my employment (as u can see with the image) it states how much I am making per year, would that satisfy the authorities at MoI for showing how much I make? I guess as long as they dont ask me if its in CDN or USD (or if they even care) it should not make a difference, but I want to ask u guys since u have alot more experiance with this, I just want everything in November to go fine and not find myself deported or in some Cambodian jail somewhere :P also if this document is fine, would I need to goto the embassy and get it notorized? :) thank you all for your help :)
The MoI will insist on a signed letter from your employer stating your salary, not your employment contract.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

johnnycanuck2017 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:00 pm haha I am so fucked :P haha canadian government has seen it fit that it will take 28 months to process her application....and in that time she cannot come visit canada at all because if they deny her a tourist visa, they stop work on processing her spousal sponsorship papers....haha but if I become her husband there does it mean I am allowed to work there? or I have to show them a university diploma to be able to fullfill the work permit requirements? :)
You don't need to have a diploma to get a work permit here, but you need to have a job or business to apply for one.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the above letter is worthless. no company identified, no company stamp, no signature, no stating what work ur doing
I could make that up using word
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
johnnycanuck2017
Tourist

I understand it does look like it was made in word, but I did not show all of the page it does show more info then that, but I mean it was worth asking, so I will have to goto my HR and get them to make me a document stating what my salary is and I guess just go from there. Hope this all works out in the end :)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ yes, just a simple letter with company letterhead stating that you work for such and such company and that your monthly/yearly salary is $xxxxx, signed and dated. This letter also needs to be notarised by your embassy.
johnnycanuck2017
Tourist

Yes I emailed my HR department to get the process started on that,hopefully I dont have any issues with them being able to make such a letter for me :D
Langdinamen
Tourist

Post by Langdinamen »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 am ^ yes, just a simple letter with company letterhead stating that you work for such and such company and that your monthly/yearly salary is $xxxxx, signed and dated. This letter also needs to be notarised by your embassy.
PSD-Kiwi thank you so much for all your information!
Langdinamen
Tourist

Post by Langdinamen »

hello! Do you know how many days for processing married document at Ministry of Interior?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic