US man arrested for child sex abuse; Siem Reap.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: US man arrested for child sex abuse; Siem Reap.

Post by soup »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am
soup wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am The way it reads is he'll do his time here and the states have a crack at him. This is what police work is really for. :hattip:
That's not the way I read it. I read nothing about the States having 'a crack at him'. I read that there is no deportation order.
The way the situation reads, he'll do his time here and the states will have a crack at him.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/notic ... nsequences

"Our message is clear to all U.S. citizens: We take these crimes seriously," said Peter Vincent, director of HSI's Office of International Affairs. "If you dare abuse a child abroad, we will find you, send you back to the United States and prosecute you for your crimes. You might be out of the country, but you are not out of reach of U.S. law enforcement."
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

soup wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:53 pm
soup wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am The way it reads is he'll do his time here and the states have a crack at him. This is what police work is really for. :hattip:
That's not the way I read it. I read nothing about the States having 'a crack at him'. I read that there is no deportation order.
The way the situation reads, he'll do his time here and the states will have a crack at him.

"Our message is clear to all U.S. citizens: We take these crimes seriously," said Peter Vincent, director of HSI's Office of International Affairs. "If you dare abuse a child abroad, we will find you, send you back to the United States and prosecute you for your crimes. You might be out of the country, but you are not out of reach of U.S. law enforcement."
There is no extradition agreement between Cambodia and the USA,

As Cam Nivag has previously explained, for the USA to get him back on American soil, it would require cooperation from the competent authorities in Cambodia. First the Americans would have to cancel his passport, then they would advise Cambodia that he doesn't have a valid passport, then the Cambodians would arrest him on immigration charges, then they would deport him, and finally he could face charges in the USA.

Nothing in the PPP article suggests that the competent authorities in Cambodia will cooperate with the American authorities.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 pm

As Cam Nivag has previously explained, for the USA to get him back on American soil, it would require cooperation from the competent authorities in Cambodia. First the Americans would have to cancel his passport, then they would advise Cambodia that he doesn't have a valid passport, then the Cambodians would arrest him on immigration charges, then they would deport him, and finally he could face charges in the USA.

Nothing in the PPP article suggests that the competent authorities in Cambodia will cooperate with the American authorities.
That there is no extradition treaty with the US is not something I was aware of, but I'm sure peodo's are very aware of it...

Fuck off, cunt!
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

soup wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 am

That there is no extradition treaty with the US is not something I was aware of, but I'm sure peodo's are very aware of it...

Fuck off, cunt!
Are you calling me a cunt?
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

I am staggered by how many times "Cambodian competent authorities" was used in this thread in a serious tone.

I do hope some kind of authorities from any country will have a "crack at him"
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am
soup wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 am

Fuck off, cunt!
Are you calling me a cunt?
What was your first clue? :fuckyou:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Yes or no?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

LOL, I think he was talking about the pondscum

Could we crowdfund a prison hit?

Maybe ask Ricketson to talk him to death?
bob.eby
Tourist

Post by bob.eby »

Does anyone know if he has survived the year in prison thus far?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

bob.eby wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm Does anyone know if he has survived the year in prison thus far?
I know that he survived from his arrest in February 2017 to his sentencing in January 2018.

I don't know if his one year sentence includes time served or what is happening with the appeal against his light sentence.

Do you have a special interest in this case?

If so, you might want to contact APLE. http://aplecambodia.org/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic