Not exactly earth shaking

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 956
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Not exactly earth shaking

Post by taabarang » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

but for those who are interested it is currently raining harder than hell in the Kampong Cham area with high gusts of wind. The kind of weather that ruins the flower blossoms on the mango trees alas. Never have I seen weather like this in February in the many years I've lived here.

On the bright side however it has brought the cacophonous wedding music to a grinding halt, yes all three of them.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 10385
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 1826
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by Username Taken » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Yes, in PP we've had very strong wind squalls. And threatening to rain, but nothing yet (where I am).

Looks like it's over for now according to this link. Also shows a storm passing through Tboung Khmum at around 8 PM. http://www.cambodiameteo.com/slideshow? ... n=CAMBODIA
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11296
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2008
United States of America

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by frank lee bent » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Spring is a month early over much of continental USA and Australia is getting record heat waves. A friend sent a picture of his thermometer in Lightning Ridge last week. 53 C in the shade!

"moderate" La Nina.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6262
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2158
Yemen

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by John Bingham » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:10 pm

taabarang wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm
but for those who are interested it is currently raining harder than hell in the Kampong Cham area with high gusts of wind. The kind of weather that ruins the flower blossoms on the mango trees alas. Never have I seen weather like this in February in the many years I've lived here.

On the bright side however it has brought the cacophonous wedding music to a grinding halt, yes all three of them.
It is interesting, as above there were some breezes in the capital and I thought it would belt down at some stage, but no rain so far. It's been fairly cool recently, but very dry. I'm noticing a whole lot of dust all over my house recently. It's almost a full-time job keeping on top of that.
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2807
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 435
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by cptrelentless » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Pissed it down here by the sea. The bug racquet is having a real work out, can see there being a dengue/malaria problem pretty soon.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 27336
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1140
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 am

Siem Reap: aftermath of thunderstorm 23 Feburary 2017.
Image Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9554
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1387
Tokelau

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by Anchor Moy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 am

cptrelentless wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm
Pissed it down here by the sea. The bug racquet is having a real work out, can see there being a dengue/malaria problem pretty soon.
Storms and bugs. Crazy bug night last night.
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3838
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 956
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by taabarang » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Again it ain't no big thang but it's raining here again, early this year but with the heat it's like a sauna. This time there's thunder in the distance, driving the clouds to the S&SE like a :ROFL: lazy herd of black cattle. Maybe I'll escape a few more damnable weddings. How's it by yawl?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3430
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 600

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by Kuroneko » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 pm

taabarang wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm
Again it ain't no big thang but it's raining here again, early this year but with the heat it's like a sauna. This time there's thunder in the distance, driving the clouds to the S&SE like a :ROFL: lazy herd of black cattle. Maybe I'll escape a few more damnable weddings. How's it by yawl?
Prek Leap over on Chroy Changvar. Temp 31c humidity 60%, pleasant breeze off the river. Suspect rain later this evening.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4658
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1070
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Not exactly earth shaking

Post by hanno » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:38 pm

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 am
Siem Reap: aftermath of thunderstorm 23 Feburary 2017.
Image Image
These trees will kill someone some day as nobody actually looks after them. I stopped running/walking beneath them since a very large branch missed by by meters a couple of years back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post