Rooftop insulation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Rooftop insulation

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Is the house already built? Is it a tin or concrete roof?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Polystyrene you must be joking. Just buy batts as you would in the west.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Available? Haven't seen them yet, but I dont live in PP.
I know 'cool room' tin is available, with 50mm polystyrene sandwiched between two sheets of alfoil....spans though!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

willyhilly wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:18 pm Polystyrene you must be joking. Just buy batts as you would in the west.
I'm guessing they mean the expanded polystyrene? (Aeroboard). Is the problem rodents chewing through it or what?

How about this stuff? I know it costs a lot more but works very well.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OK ali b, I've done all the leg work for you, not because I like you but because I want to claim the large finders fee that you are offering.

The first two photoes are at 102 Mou se Toung , opposite the Parkway center. 1.2 m wide by 50 m roll. price $137.

Third photo is at 148 Mou Se Toung about 50 m from the first shop. 1.2 m wide by 50 m long roll, priced at $125.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

This is how mine looks and is held in place.

Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Good on you dunc, I would like to have a drink with you. Rock wool is great insulation and very cheap compared to the west. Polystyrene and silver paper, give me fucking strength.
LeesaJohnson
Expatriate

Post by LeesaJohnson »

I would suggest you search an expert to install and the expert you can find out by searching on Google. There are so many websites which help to search these services.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

LeesaJohnson wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:23 pm I would suggest you search an expert to install and the expert you can find out by searching on Google. There are so many websites which help to search these services.
Please feel free to send links to any helpful Cambodian sites.
If the OP is asking here, it probably means that he didn't find anything useful online elsewhere.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:05 pm
LeesaJohnson wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:23 pm I would suggest you search an expert to install and the expert you can find out by searching on Google. There are so many websites which help to search these services.
Please feel free to send links to any helpful Cambodian sites.
If the OP is asking here, it probably means that he didn't find anything useful online elsewhere.

Here's the best link I have found.

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/topic12773.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic