Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PhilipJohn
Tourist
Cambodia

Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Post by PhilipJohn »

Citizens of 40 countries traveling to Vietnam now have a simplified process for obtaining travel visas directly from the Vietnam government. Vietnam recently introduced an e-Visa (electronic visa) application system for citizens of 40 countries. Vietnam e-Visas will allow citizens of these 40 countries to visit Vietnam for up to 30 days.

The 40 countries included in the Vietnam e-Visa program are Armenia, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Mongolia, Myanmar, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Timor Leste, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.

This new two-year, e-Visa pilot program will be in addition to the current Vietnam travel visa processes in place. Holders of the new Vietnam e-Visas will be allowed to arrive into Vietnam through any of the eight international airports including Hanoi City, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang City, Nha Trang City, Hai Phong City and Phu Quoc Island or through any of the 13 international land border crossings.

Vietnam e-Visas will cost you a flat fee of $25 USD for a 30-day, SINGLE-ENTRY visa. Your 30 days will start when you arrive into Vietnam, not when your e-Visa is approved. This visa will only be valid for a single entry into Vietnam for up to 30 days, meaning you can’t fly into Vietnam, stay for a few days, travel to Cambodia and then return to Vietnam for your flight back to the United States. You can only enter Vietnam once. If you need a multiple-entry visa or want to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days, you can apply at http://www.visa-vietnam.tw.

Vietnam e-Visa application process

You will need a scanned copy of your valid passport details page and a scanned passport photo. According to the website instructions, the passport photo must be “straight looking and without glasses.” I’m assuming this means looking forward at the camera and without a smile (and nothing to do with your sexual orientation).

Starting February 1, 2017, citizens of 40 countries can apply online for a Vietnam e-Visa through this website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g ... g-chu-ttdt. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on “For Foreigners.”
2. Upload your passport photo and a copy of your passport details page. These are two separate uploads. You can’t upload your passport details page twice.
3. Enter in all the required information.
4. Pay your $25 USD fee and submit your application. Your fee is non-refundable even if your application is later denied.
5. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a “registration code.” Keep this code.
6. At the time of this posting, the e-Visa turnaround time is approximately 3 business days. After the processing time, return back to the website and click on “Search” in the top menu bar.
7. Enter in your registration code to search for your application to see if it was approved.
8. If approved, you can print out your Vietnam e-Visa as proof for travel.
I know this sounds a little complicated but trust me, this Vietnam e-Visa process is much simpler than the uncertainty and hoops we used to jump through. We no longer have to deal with third-party companies for visa approval letters or mail in our passports to the Vietnam consulate offices. Overall, this is a win-win for citizens of 40 countries. Travelers and it’s a step in the right direction. I’m hoping that multiple-entry visas and longer term visas will be added to this system if it proves to be successful.
Disclaimer: Please understand this is a pilot program so there might be some glitches along the way. I have not personally applied for a Vietnam e-Visa through this process so I can’t test out how reliable it is. If any of our readers has any feedback or real life experiences with obtaining a Vietnam e-Visa, please share them with us in the comments section below.

Thanks for reading!

Philip John
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Post by phuketrichard »

wow only $25, cheaper than Cambodia, and half price of Burma.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The first link is not an official link, it is a commercial visa service.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:53 pm wow only $25, cheaper than Cambodia, and half price of Burma.
Correctamundo , Richard!

Have you even bothered to tour Vietnam yet?? :whip:

:stir:
More than just any old backpacker.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

snookieboi wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:53 pm wow only $25, cheaper than Cambodia, and half price of Burma.
Correctamundo , Richard!

Nope and never will
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Correctamundo , Richard!

Nope and never will
Why not? Are you scared?
More than just any old backpacker.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
Correctamundo , Richard!

Nope and never will
Say what?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Correctamundo , Richard!

Nope and never will
You are missing out. Any particular reason?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

reason;

they tried to make me go in 1969 and i refused
had a few friends die over there
i just dont want to go.

Fair enough?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:42 am reason;

they tried to make me go in 1969 and i refused
had a few friends die over there
i just dont want to go.

Fair enough?
Not really. I have a couple of friends that served there and still visit.

Actually, for someone that lives in LOS (military dictatorship) and has done numerous trips to Myanmar (another military dictatorship, Rohynga massacres) that really is a BS reason not to go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic