Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Vietnam Introduces E-Visas for 40 countries

Post by phuketrichard »

i dont care about the government, (i like Laos as well) so what does ur response have to do with my reasons for not going??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I have been to Vietnam several times although not recently. The have put the war behind them and do not live in the past. They are by and large well educated and the young ladies are charmingly articulate and feminine.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I want to go soon while the 2 week visa exempt is still on for UK citizens. I just do not want to go to HCM again. Done it once, glad I went but never want to do again!. I just don't like big busy cities I guess, but trying to cross a big road there or being hooted out the way by moto's while walking on footpath constantly pissed me off. Looks like there's no avoiding me transiting through the place to get to the coast. General plan. Giant Ibis bus from PP, 8.00am, get there afternoon, find bus or boat to Vung Tau, 2-3hrs. Get drunk on Saigon beer! Next day or 2 go up the coast to; any suggestions?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 am i dont care about the government, (i like Laos as well) so what does ur response have to do with my reasons for not going??
From your reply, I gathered that you are not going to Vietnam because of the American War (which, incidentally, finished 42 years ago); so I assumed you have a problem with the government.

Actually you are right though: I will never go to the USA because they fought the Brits during the American Revolutionary war and George III was for all intents and purposes German (House of Hannover).
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

no problem with their government, my problem was with MY government, they wanted me to go fight. I said NO
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 pm no problem with their government, my problem was with MY government, they wanted me to go fight. I said NO
Oh, does that mean your not allowed to enter Vietnam, because of that?
More than just any old backpacker.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

I'm glad someone started this post because I was about to ask the question about what people thought of Vietnam because I just assumed that being only a 6 hour hop over the border by Giant Ibis to Ho Chi Minh City that a lot of you guys living in Phnom Penh would have gone to look at the place just as a matter of curiosity.
I just arrived back in Bangkok yesterday after travelling from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang by train, then by another train from Nha Trang to Hue the old capital city and then finally flying up to Hanoi and flying back to Thailand from there.
I think it's a tremendous country and Nha Trang as a coastal city in terms of its cleanliness, its facilities and amenities, value for money in hotels and restaurants and the general atmosphere in my opinion is far better than Pattaya in Thailand and I'm sorry to say is considerably better than Sihanoukville.
I'm just curious if anybody on this forum has been there and agrees or disagrees with my sentiments?
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

obelisks wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:52 pm Nha Trang as a coastal city in terms of its cleanliness, its facilities and amenities, value for money in hotels and restaurants and the general atmosphere in my opinion is far better than Pattaya in Thailand and I'm sorry to say is considerably better than Sihanoukville.
I'm just curious if anybody on this forum has been there and agrees or disagrees with my sentiments?
I was there many years ago. Unless it has massively improved,it was a nice place but certainly did not have the same 'fun' factor of Snookie, or Pattaya.

:popcorn:
More than just any old backpacker.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I was first there during the rainy season of 2000. It was overpriced, generally overrated and highly polluted from rivers that dumped sewage into the bay. Boring place and poor culinary offerings for the wonderful cuisine of Vietnam. Nice bus ride to Dalat though.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Possibly, there's a chance that things have changed since 'the rainy season of 2000'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic