Going home in a box (or urn)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Going home in a box (or urn)

Post by boozyoldman »

Right after the *WHITE SKIN* ad on CAMHR came to BOM's attention, this came along ...

The Osborn Family

Proudly announces the opening of

Osborn Funeral Services
And
Repatriation

A traditional family owned and operated

Western Funeral Home

Complete funeral planning and arrangement

Cremation and Burial Services

Repatriation Services

www.osbornfuneralservices.com

ph 023 231 648

24 Hour Emergency Number and Mobile 085 303 394

==============================================================================================================================

Can this be bettered?

If your Old School Chum or Significant Other overdoses, rides his/her Yamaha into a wall or is found hanging in a guesthouse, call the Osborns!

Phnom Penh Post Friday 10 February 2017
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Going home in a box (or urn)

Post by frank lee bent »

costs $25 at the pagoda for the burn and under 50 to post by ems
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

The BITCH WHO SHARES A BED has clear instructions to take BOM's mortal remains to the nearest crocodile farm by tuk-tuk or whatever conveyance is handy.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

BREMERTON — The state Department of Licensing fined a Bremerton funeral home in November for mixing up two bodies under its care.

The violations occurred in September 2013, when a Lewis Funeral Chapel intern mistakenly began to cremate the body of a woman whose family had requested embalmment.

The Department of Licensing charged Lewis Funeral Chapel for failing to carry out the wishes of family members, failing to obtain a permit to transport a body and failing to properly supervise an intern. The funeral home was fined $8,000 and issued a one-year, stayed license suspension, meaning it can continue to operate as long as no new violations occur.

Funeral director Glen “Chris” Henrickson was fined $1,500. Bayard Osborn, the funeral director intern who committed the error, was fined $600. Both received stayed license suspensions.

http://archive.kitsapsun.com/news/local ... 88291.html

Whoopsie!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

So, his decade of experience began under four years ago, mixing up cadavers. . .

There are also a few court records, but I'm not paying to see them. Just thought they were a bit sinister looking and googled =@
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

A mistake that anyone could make, to be fair.

The "Afterlife Care" simply slipped a bit - Joe Orton material, really.

It's not like a hospital amputating the wrong leg from a breather - something which happens distressingly often.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Opportunists these. Still if you are dead who cares?
cambolisa
Tourist

Post by cambolisa »

Humans can't make mistakes? I'm sure all of the expats on this forum are angelic and free from faults?

You should check out their FB page and see the reviews written about them so far....pretty good stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Osborn-Fune ... e_internal

On the other hand check out what the other funeral service provider for expats (Allison/Monkhouse) has to offer by taking a glance at their FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/John-All ... 9001399705

Nothing.....no pictures......no reviews.....no professional effort whatsoever. That's how much Allison/Monkhouse cares

Speaking from experience in having gone through the death of a loved one here and attending the so called funeral "services" of Allison Monkhouse....administered by that fat bastard Hans Rutten who oversaw the cremation of my friend by burning him along with the daily garbage (yes you read that right!! Hans Rutten burned my friend along with GARBAGE!!! IT WAS HORRIFYING!!) and charged my friend's family for things and services that they did not actually provide (the "transportation/removal fee" ($250) was paid directly to the police by my friend's girlfriend.....my friend's family got an invoice from Rutten charging them $250 for removal/transportation.) Rutten/Monkhouse are nothing better than inhuman crooks!! I'd much rather go with Osborn Funeral Services than dealing with Rutten/Monkhouse if given the choice. I have let it be known to my friends and co-workers here and family back home that if my untimely time comes....PLEASE CALL OSBORN!!! DON'T LET ME BE BURNED WITH GARBAGE!!!

I've also heard that Clive Allison (who occasionally comes to town when warranted) fancies the company of VERY young girls.....might be just a rumor but we know how it goes here don't we gentlemen??

As to "going home in a box or an urn - it doesn't matter when you're dead"......I'm sure it will matter to your friends/family who will be left with the bill for your services. Would you really rather they be charged by Rutten for things he didn't provide and for burning you like so much garbage?? Would YOU want to be cremated along with garbage??

The choice is yours my friends!! I know I've made mine!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i'll be burned in the back yard, cost ZERO
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Mt grandfather always said, "stick a bone up my ass and let the dog bury me in the backyard".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic