Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of entr

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of entr

Post by snookieboi »

QUOTE: Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of entry:

Proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand i.e. traveller’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family.
Proof of onward travel (confirmed air, train, bus or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date (**otherwise a tourist visa must be obtained).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

never happened to me previously, but if i had a 3 month ticket would i need a Thai visa, even if i was leaving to say Laos overland?

Just checkking :)
More than just any old backpacker.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of

Post by phuketrichard »

SOMETIMES but seldom asked for
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote:SOMETIMES but seldom asked for

thought so. Thanks.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

snookieboi wrote:

thought so. Thanks.
im popping over to thailand for a few days of debauchery in 2 weeks, ill let you know how i get on
although i think you may be leaving sooner than me, if so let me know how you get on lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

That above mentioned requirement has always been available for immigration officers to use.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
snookieboi wrote:

thought so. Thanks.
im popping over to thailand for a few days of debauchery in 2 weeks,
ill let you know how i get on
although i think you may be leaving sooner than me, if[
b] so let me know how you get on[/b] lol
I think you will both be getting on the same,,,,, climbing on,, one leg after the other.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Cheers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI
:beer3:
BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s Cabinet has approved to extend the current free visa incentives for foreign tourists for another six months.
Under the measures, visa fees will be waived at Thai embassies and consulates until August 2017, while the visa on arrival fee will continue to be 1,000 baht.
On Tuesday, government spokesperson Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that waiving visa fees from December to February 28 had resulted in a 12% increase in foreign tourist arrivals.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

If you have Cambodian visa leave now.

2 free visas and 2 border runs is 8 months for a few bus journeys.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote:If you have Cambodian visa leave now.

2 free visas and 2 border runs is 8 months for a few bus journeys.
actually 10months

free visa extend 30 days 1,900 baht 3 months
visa run, repeat 6 months
2 free land border visa exempt entries + extension on each one 3,800 10 months!!
total; bus's and 7,600 baht ( $218) for 10 months cheaper than Cambodia :beer3: :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic