Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of entr

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of

Post by phuketrichard »

snookieboi wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:I am heading over the 22nd,6th trip in 2 years,find it much more interesting, enjoyable than Laos, Cambodia or thailand ( alhtugh i do travel to them all each summmer)
but than i am not into bars or st girls
Sure.

Myanmar is very oldie worldy. I feel like i'm in India with their Authentic Indian restaurants, in fact Yangon reminds me very much of an Indian city. Fascinating Country.

For me it's about cheap travels witha cheap priced air ticket. Yes, i do think if i can be bothered with some stuff. Highlights must be Luang Prabang. Vang Vieng. P Penh, Snookie. New things will probabaly be Kep, Ko Rong, Sapa, etc.

:stir:

HUH: outside yangon and Mandalay have never seen an Indian restaurant , nothing like india as no hoards of people ( except on the bus's in Yangon)
its 10x more peaceful. LP is nice and VV has great scenery but PP and shv...... no thinks.
seems like u only go to tourist cities... shame as in Laos,Cambodia,thailand and Burma you get the real thing outside those areas.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must show the documents below at the port of

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote:HUH: outside yangon and Mandalay have never seen an Indian restaurant , nothing like india as no hoards of people ( except on the bus's in Yangon)
its 10x more peaceful. LP is nice and VV has great scenery but PP and shv...... no thinks.
seems like u only go to tourist cities... shame as in Laos,Cambodia,thailand and Burma you get the real thing outside those areas.
That's funny, because i already spent 6 months travelling India, and i know when a City reminds me of it. Maybe it felt a little bit Mumbai or Delhi, where i was. But it was only because of the Colours, the mold on the buildings, and ramshackleness of it, with some old buildings.

Funny because i spent like 1 -2 months travelling Burma, seeing the main sites, and wondering about the others. Some were worth it others weren't, and some places in Burma were not really up to scratch, but that's understandable.

Well i did Laos,Cambodai, Thailand, and actually travelled to the PLACES i like. I prefer to avoid touristic places like Phuket, especially since it is full of wingeing Ozzies, and moaning Yanks... :stir: , and of course the weather can sometimes be awful there. Oh yea, of course, it's extremely TOURISTIC.

:evil6:
More than just any old backpacker.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

could be cause the english were in both countries and running them LOL
1-2 months. visa only good for 28 days or did u make multiple trips
some places in Burma were not really up to scratch
what does this mean? i have been all over the country from the far north ( khmati ) and as far south Kwathoung; traveled by boat,car,plane,train,bus's and motorcycle
Do u mean its not like the tourist places in Laos, Thailand and Cambodia?? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

Ricardo,

Do you think you would travel to Burma so much if you lived in US?

I can definitely see why someone living in a SEA hotspot would enjoy it every now and again.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote:
some places in Burma were not really up to scratch
what does this mean? i have been all over the country from the far north ( khmati ) and as far south Kwathoung; traveled by boat,car,plane,train,bus's and motorcycle
Do u mean its not like the tourist places in Laos, Thailand and Cambodia?? :stir:
LOL!

Yea, i probably did 28 days, and extended it or something. Can't remember. It was a while back.

You probably travelled a lot more there than i did. I admit i only saw Mandalay, Bagan, Lake Inle, Some trekking area (forgot name), Yangon, other places of interest etc, etc. The strange thing is Richard, that the places of interest are usually frequented by other travellers. I guess you didn't know that? :mrgreen:

Of course i could have easily travelled far more extensively than you did, and maybe i will one day, but there was no desire to, but if it comes then i will.(HINT: DESIRE TO)

It was interesting, but i would rather for example spend time in India, if i wanted something to blow me away with awe. Oh, if only i didn't have places for comparison!

Don't get me wrong it was good, but it wasn't great, and it wasn't cheap either. No.

Actually i must admit South America is my favorite continent, but i also like Asia, even though it is far less challenging :banana:
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

What is SA like?

I quite fancy a surfing town in Ecuador one day.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote:Ricardo,

Do you think you would travel to Burma so much if you lived in US?

I can definitely see why someone living in a SEA hotspot would enjoy it every now and again.
Nope, air fare would be too costly. :wink: here its less than $250 r'/t from Phuket
....that the places of interest are usually frequented by other travellers.
You mean what other tourists consider the places u must visit?? :stir: i traveled down the chindwin river last year, didn't see another white face/tourist for over 8 days, been many places i have never seen tourists ,( i spent 8 months bicycling India one year) been many places in that country that tourist never go, same goes for Africa

Diferent people travel for different reason. I travel to travel, not necessarily to get somewhere ( especially that someone else has been )
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote:What is SA like?

I quite fancy a surfing town in Ecuador one day.
SA LIKE?

I'll sum uP:

Beaches not as good as Asia, but Colombia and Brasil have good ones.

Very interesting History: Ruins, Museums, etc.

The old colonial buildings/street plan, etc.

The highlands and its peoples.

The Jungle, Amazon, and its peoples.

Curanderismo.

The volcano's, the Salt Lake, the Canyon, The Mountains, the Glaciers, the Desert, the flatlands, the rivers, the mining towns, the party, the salsa, Bachata, etc, the women, the food, the list goes ooooooonnnnnn........
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

phuketrichard wrote: I travel to travel, not necessarily to get somewhere ( especially that someone else has been )

Well you obviously work as a photographer, which probably explains why you travel to 'get somewhere', although you must have decided on some sort of route/trip, and indeed you DO travel where the tourists go as well, in fact to some of the most TOURISTIC places a person can visit, in Myanmar!
I have seen proof of all of this in a post you made in K440.

And to think that i for a moment thought of you as an intrepid traveller... :)

[Khmer440 link removed.]

:mrgreen:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

snookieboi wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: I travel to travel, not necessarily to get somewhere ( especially that someone else has been )

Well you obviously work as a photographer, which probably explains why you travel to 'get somewhere', although you must have decided on some sort of route/trip, and indeed you DO travel where the tourists go as well, in fact to some of the most TOURISTIC places a person can visit, in Myanmar!
I have seen proof of all of this in a post you made in K440.

And to think that i for a moment thought of you as an intrepid traveller... :P

[Khmer440 link removed.]

mrgreen:

LOL: on that trip outside of Yangon and the golden temple i saw maybe 25 tourists the whole trip, ( and NONE on the boats) u see more than that in LP/VV/PP/ SHV in 1 minute

MY last trip in the chin state 10 days, saw at most 10 tourists :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic