Frustrated singer goes on armed rampage at karaoke.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Frustrated singer goes on armed rampage at karaoke.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Military officer’s karaoke ‘terror’
Buth Reaksmey Kongkea Friday, 03 February 2017
Image[Col. Sunly, poised ready to burst into song with his AK47]

A senior military officer has been accused of terrorizing karaoke parlor staff with an AK-47 rifle after he became angry at the selection of songs they played.
Colonel Keo Sunly allegedly drove home and returned with the gun and threatened to kill the owners of the Meanchey province restaurant and the karaoke girls.

Mongkol Borey district military police officer Kong Sopheak said that on Wednesday night, Col. Sunly, his wife and four friends went to Heng Kong Restaurant and karaoke parlor.

They drank and sang there until 8:30pm, but Col. Sunly became angry at a girl who served in the karaoke room and who always played the same songs for him and his friends, songs he could not sing.

He destroyed two microphones and afterwards paid more than one million riel ($250) for the drinks and the broken microphones.

Mr. Sopheak said that after paying up, Col. Sunly and the others left the restaurant. But about 30 minutes later, Col. Sunly returned.

“He then took the weapon and the magazines and entered the restaurant, threatening to kill the owners and the karaoke girls,” Mr. Sopheak said.
“But it was very lucky because the victims fled and hid in restaurant rooms. He could not find them. So he did not fire any shots.”
Mr. Sopheak said that after failing to find his intended victims, Col. Sunly drove home.

Heng Kong, the owner of the restaurant and karaoke parlor, later filed a complaint with the military police, alleging threats and attempted murder.
Video captured by the restaurant and karaoke parlor CCTV cameras, obtained yesterday by Khmer Times, shows a shirtless Col. Sunly carrying the AK47 rifle along with four magazines, walking around and threatening to kill the owners and the girls.

Mr. Sopheak said Col. Sunly had been summoned by military police for questioning today. Col. Sunly could not be contacted for comment yesterday.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/35074/ ... terror---/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Frustrated singer goes on armed rampage at karaoke.

Post by bolueeleh »

should invent a rifle that explode on the user if not "used" properly or within jurisdiction, since i'm at this subject, shld hv keyboard that does the same thing :lol:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:
A senior military officer has been accused of terrorizing karaoke parlor staff with an AK-47 rifle after he became angry at the selection of songs they played.

I fully sympathize, I've often felt like that in a bar when people play Rap! :lol:
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

Kuroneko wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:

I fully sympathize, I've often felt like that in a bar when people play Rap! :lol:
Different strokes for different folks.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Kuroneko wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:

I fully sympathize, I've often felt same in a bar when people play cRap! :lol:
My deepest sympathies and understanding. That's always my signal to exit.
There are always options.

I think Col. Sunly showed great respect & constraint in not firing his weapon. :assasin: I suggest a two week no karaoke as due punishment. Showing up shirtless however...hmmm.

Waste not want not!

Besides the M43 cartridge is actually becoming scarce in Teuk Thla market.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

They probably always played Hotel California.

Makes you wonder all the things these guys could get away with before the advent of security cameras 3-5 years ago.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Next: promotion to Brigadier General....
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

hanno wrote:Next: promotion to Brigadier General....
Nah, he'd have to have shot a few children in the head to advance to BG.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

juansweetpotato wrote:
hanno wrote:Next: promotion to Brigadier General....
Nah, he'd have to have shot a few children in the head to advance to BG.
Sadly, you are probably right.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Also, I'm a little confused - is that pic of a man on a good night out, Sailorman or Eduardo ?

Whoever it is I'm sure he supports Trump.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic