Phnom Penh Living - Areas to Avoid

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dru Jenkins
Tourist

Re: Phnom Penh Living - Areas to Avoid

Post by Dru Jenkins »

JanKrohn wrote:
Dru Jenkins wrote:I've found one that would work just south of the Royal Phnom Penh Hospital (Sangkat Tuek Thla?).
I'm in neighbouring Sangkat Tuek Laak. No need to worry about crime here (at least not more than in other areas...)
However, during heavy rain, Tuek Thla usually gets considerably flooded.
Ah, thanks JanKrohn. I've heard similar from a Khmer friend as well.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

St 278 behind Lucky and Kid City is a bad area for crime. On several occasions, I saw people chasing thieves. I had my bicycle stolen from the second floor. The thief returned to get its replacement the following night, but it had two chains, and he could only cut one of them. A plainclothes cop discharged his weapon outside my apartment. I looked out and saw a guy was kneeling on the road. I had someone take out the living room window during the night, I woke and scared him off. Often I heard women screaming thief! Don't live on that street.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:12 am St 278 behind Lucky and Kid City is a bad area for crime. On several occasions, I saw people chasing thieves. I had my bicycle stolen from the second floor. The thief returned to get its replacement the following night, but it had two chains, and he could only cut one of them. A plainclothes cop discharged his weapon outside my apartment. I looked out and saw a guy was kneeling on the road. I had someone take out the living room window during the night, I woke and scared him off. Often I heard women screaming thief! Don't live on that street.
If you do not walk alone and overdosed at night bad things hardly happen...
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:35 am
Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:12 am St 278 behind Lucky and Kid City is a bad area for crime. On several occasions, I saw people chasing thieves. I had my bicycle stolen from the second floor. The thief returned to get its replacement the following night, but it had two chains, and he could only cut one of them. A plainclothes cop discharged his weapon outside my apartment. I looked out and saw a guy was kneeling on the road. I had someone take out the living room window during the night, I woke and scared him off. Often I heard women screaming thief! Don't live on that street.
If you do not walk alone and overdosed at night bad things hardly happen...
What's your point? All these things happened when I was at home and sober.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 amWhat's your point? All these things happened when I was at home and sober.
Why were you sober?

Are you a masochist? :D
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

that genius wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 am
Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 amWhat's your point? All these things happened when I was at home and sober.
Why were you sober?

Are you a masochist? :D
I was soberish. That's pretty close to sober.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

scary
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Heng Heng Heng wrote:St 278 behind Lucky and Kid City is a bad area for crime. On several occasions, I saw people chasing thieves. I had my bicycle stolen from the second floor. The thief returned to get its replacement the following night, but it had two chains, and he could only cut one of them. A plainclothes cop discharged his weapon outside my apartment. I looked out and saw a guy was kneeling on the road. I had someone take out the living room window during the night, I woke and scared him off. Often I heard women screaming thief! Don't live on that street.
Wow must have really gone downhill.

I lived on that street maybe 7-8 years ago, not far from the back entrance of Lucky, and never ever had a problem there. I always found it a very quiet place as well except for the construction noise from the now defunct tower 42. To be fair they were doing the foundations at the time so noise was to be expected.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I lived in 3 houses in that street; it was close to work. The flat I had the problems in was approximately behind the car park of Kid City; very quiet end of the street. Beside the hotel, which was under construction for a long time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic