Mexico refuses to pay

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mexico refuses to pay

Post by frank lee bent »

oddly the aztec word ahuacatl < alt sp aguacatl> was corrupted by the spanish to abogado, "advocate" in english- then avocado by the gringos, because the fruit is smooth, oily and rich!

similarly, you sometimes hear country folk say "excape" rather than the normal escape- this derives from the latin ex capa. to shed one's outer garment when officers of the law attempted to detain them by grasping their outer garment leaving the enforcement officer in posesssion of the garment rather than the suspect. gives some meaning to the british slang of having one's "collar felt"

there is a great deal too much name calling on this forum of late, how about a few mature debating tactics rather than ad hominems?
it is a measure of the intellect and maturity of the man, or lack thereof, to engage in these puerile tactics and does nothing to advance one's cause, but goes a long way to decrease other member's respect for those using such methods.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

frank lee bent wrote:oddly the aztec word ahuacatl < alt sp aguacatl> was corrupted by the spanish to abogado, "advocate" in english- then avocado by the gringos, because the fruit is smooth, oily and rich!

similarly, you sometimes hear country folk say "excape" rather than the normal escape- this derives from the latin ex capa. to shed one's outer garment when officers of the law attempted to detain them by grasping their outer garment leaving the enforcement officer in posesssion of the garment rather than the suspect. gives some meaning to the british slang of having one's "collar felt"

there is a great deal too much name calling on this forum of late, how about a few mature debating tactics rather than ad hominems?
it is a measure of the intellect and maturity of the man, or lack thereof, to engage in these puerile tactics and does nothing to advance one's cause, but goes a long way to decrease other member's respect for those using such methods.
Interesting etymology Frank.

Good advice as well. Differences of opinion should not be cause for vitriolic responses.
Still it's sad that the entire world can not see things as I do. It is lonely being right all the time. :wink:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Hanno: Never happen! Read my lips, The first President since Teddy Roosevelt that can't be bought (by the A-rabs like the Hildabeast/Obama-Iben-Lying) and owes nothing to anyone except the people that voted for him.(I was able to vote for him, where you able to vote for/against him, I think not.) He is doing just like he said he would do when we(I) voted for him as in forcing companies to bring jobs back from Mexico, deporting illegals, protecting my rights and 2nd Amendment rights by nominating a judge to the Supreme Court that follows the Constitution and its Amendments, stopping the stream of Muslims from entering my country and taking over like they have done in France/Germany and other countries, filling his cabinet with intelligent/strong/smart people, and starting the process of building the wall with Mexico so it can stop the flood of Central American illegals/criminals from entering my country. Mexico wants to do something, stop the illegals at their southern border. England/English should be happy as their PM took note of the Japanese PM by getting at the head of the treaty line. After watching some Chinese TV, its not hard to tell that the Chinese are scared spitless of our new/strong president. Also scared Spitless of strong President Trump are "yellow press" news outlets like useless CNN (Clinton News Network.)

BTW/ Most countries have high tariffs on US goods, but America has given them "Developing Country/Favored Trade Partner status." How much tariff is on cars to Cambodia from America? (where most of them come from.) How much tariff on US goods to China? (Forbes magazine calls it the "Chinese Wall" tariff)A little known import law in America is that if a country charges a high tariff on US goods, America will charge the same tariff on goods from that country. I'm sure President Trump's new Cabinet will show that law to him. Also we signed a maritime treaty that states non-signer's ships can be bared from entering American ports. Many countries like China didn't sign the treaty! I want to see that treaty enforced to the letter and/or put a $50. tax on all containers brought into America by truck(Mexico) or by ship and use the money to rebuild the American Merchant Marine (England/Australia take note as like America you have no or little Merchant shipping left) ) It is a fact that the Mexicans built a container port across the border from California to get around a lot of import/tariff laws and suck American port jobs away to Mexico.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sailorman wrote:How much tariff is on cars to Cambodia from America? (where most of them come from.)
Many secondhand Japanese cars are imported from the US, American models aren't popular.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sailorman wrote:Hanno: Never happen! Read my lips, The first President since Teddy Roosevelt that can't be bought (by the A-rabs like the Hildabeast/Obama-Iben-Lying) and owes nothing to anyone except the people that voted for him.(I was able to vote for him, where you able to vote for/against him, I think not.) He is doing just like he said he would do when we(I) voted for him as in forcing companies to bring jobs back from Mexico, deporting illegals, protecting my rights and 2nd Amendment rights by nominating a judge to the Supreme Court that follows the Constitution and its Amendments, stopping the stream of Muslims from entering my country and taking over like they have done in France/Germany and other countries, filling his cabinet with intelligent/strong/smart people, and starting the process of building the wall with Mexico so it can stop the flood of Central American illegals/criminals from entering my country. Mexico wants to do something, stop the illegals at their southern border. England/English should be happy as their PM took note of the Japanese PM by getting at the head of the treaty line. After watching some Chinese TV, its not hard to tell that the Chinese are scared spitless of our new/strong president. Also scared Spitless of strong President Trump are "yellow press" news outlets like useless CNN (Clinton News Network.)

BTW/ Most countries have high tariffs on US goods, but America has given them "Developing Country/Favored Trade Partner status." How much tariff is on cars to Cambodia from America? (where most of them come from.) How much tariff on US goods to China? (Forbes magazine calls it the "Chinese Wall" tariff)A little known import law in America is that if a country charges a high tariff on US goods, America will charge the same tariff on goods from that country. I'm sure President Trump's new Cabinet will show that law to him. Also we signed a maritime treaty that states non-signer's ships can be bared from entering American ports. Many countries like China didn't sign the treaty! I want to see that treaty enforced to the letter and/or put a $50. tax on all containers brought into America by truck(Mexico) or by ship and use the money to rebuild the American Merchant Marine (England/Australia take note as like America you have no or little Merchant shipping left) ) It is a fact that the Mexicans built a container port across the border from California to get around a lot of import/tariff laws and suck American port jobs away to Mexico.
Can't argue with that. No point is there ? Fantastic grasp of facts and figures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Becuz I can't be bothered to find a cat meme.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

It depresses me that is was my very own unwittingly posting that had captain Hook coming out of retirement :BangHead:

Now that your alpha male hero is leading the pack, can't you just go back to the very soon far greater America, join the barking and play with your guns SM ? :rambo:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Barang: Neither do I bark nor "play" with guns. I will leave the barking to you and people from the soon to be Islamic republics like France, Germany, and later England. This is the usual troll answer and the reason I seldom post anymore as I don't get intellectual answers, just droll personal attacks like yours. Please if you have something to add to the discussion, please do so, but personal attacks just show your juvenile banal behavior that I come to expect from some on this forum that are allowed to run rampant with personal attacks. (Administrators are you out there?)

Its obvious that few here have a knowledge of the US Customs laws. When I was doing importing from Thailand, I spent a long time in a US Customs office reviewing the laws.(pre-Google days)( Now, with Google, if you don't have knowledge of a subject, your just lazy or brain dead.) President Trump and the US government have many laws that can be brought to bare on countries that import into the US. The laws are on the books already. One example is to take away a countries status as a "Favored Trade Partner, Developing Country." This brings to bare higher import tax's (China) and follows the letter of the US Customs/Import laws. Another and perfectly legal is closer inspections at ports of entry in the US of goods from certain countries.(China) I had one shipment from Thailand held in Customs for over a month all the while I had to pay the fee(s) for it to be held in a bonded warehouse. This would eliminate any profit from companies (like Walmart) that bought Chinese goods instead of from American factories. I'm sure President Trump's Cabinet Secretary in this area is well aware of the process.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"...I seldom post anymore as I don't get intellectual answers...?

Do you think your posts are intellectual or geared to intellectuals? :please:
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

taabarang wrote:"...I seldom post anymore as I don't get intellectual answers...?

Do you think your posts are intellectual or geared to intellectuals? :please:
beats ur's where u praise urslef so much of the time and ur homegrown lifestyle
I, for one did not move to se asia 35 years ago to live like a poor local :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I'm curious to know what jobs Trump is going to bring back to the US? Car manufacturing in Detroit died a death some years back and everyone moved away, the factories now crumbling ruins. You'd have to totally rebuild production lines and ensure the shoddy manufacturing issues that plagued US cars was resolved. He seems more focussed on the petrochemical and banking industries. Hillary is still wandering round free as a bird, didn't he say he admired her or some shit? The main muslim threat is Wahhabists, and Saudi was noticeably absent from the ban, despite, what, 19 of them being on the planes and them giving cash to Sunni terrorists. Could it be that they enjoy gaudy gold hotels and golf courses? Also, isn't freedom of religion in the Constitution? You cannot be persecuted for your religious beliefs. Like if you're a Branch Davidian.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic