NGO for sale

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: NGO for sale

Post by Anchor Moy »

It was set up in 2008. PPP article about it here : http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/u ... arine-life

Save Cambodian Marine Life site.
http://www.idealist.org/view/nonprofit/35Sgs8p394sXd/

I don't think they were getting tons of donations. Looks like they were raising money through voluntourism and diving courses. Don't imagine they were paying themselves big bucks either.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't expect them to give away all their equipment and premises etc. I'm guessing they'll try and sell it to some like-minded people who they feel are capable of continuing their work. It's strange to hear of an organization being for sale though, I'm not sure I've ever heard of such a thing. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

any profits made by NGO's are meant to be put back into the organisation
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

frank lee bent wrote:any profits made by NGO's are meant to be put back into the organisation

just as any money I put into a slot machine is 'meant' to win.

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

precisely, it is just like if i started a charity organisation to scan for cancer for the poor, then i solicit for donations or volunteers do jobs or whatever other means to fund the organisation to buy a MRI, then when the charitable organisation stops operating, the founder sells the MRI and pockets the money themsleves? WTH??? the founder has the right to get salaries when they are operating, but sell something that belongs to the goodwill of so many people for profit and pocket for themselves? WTH???
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

these guys should be publicly called out, and find out what is their intention of dealing with the money after selling the NGO, let them have a chance to explain themselves.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

bolueeleh wrote:these guys should be publicly called out, and find out what is their intention of dealing with the money after selling the NGO, let them have a chance to explain themselves.
They were called out on FB, and it appears they have decided to delete the ad instead of answering questions.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

fuckwits

probably paying themselves hansomly (operation expenses init) and hope to show this to the new buyer

lolz
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Shouldn't any amount paid not go to the founders, but directly into the NGO account? You "buy in" as a new manager with a donation which makes you the sole shareholder of sorts. But whatever you paid is a commitment to the cause, rather than a payment to ex-management.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Hugomax
Tourist

Post by Hugomax »

Where is the value in this NGO? What assets have you got? Cash in bank? Sales? Income? You have got to be kidding. What are you getting for your money?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic