Pass words.

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Pass words.

Post by Bertros »

The world's most popular password is depressingly easy to guess

It's official: People are dreadful at picking passwords.
The world's most popular password is the depressingly easy-to-guess 123456, according to a massive analysis of 10 million leaked passwords.
Throughout 2016, we saw numerous major data breaches leaking people's login details online. Some were new — like the hack of adult dating site AdultFriendFinder — while others, like LinkedIn, were years-old, but the data only recently surfaced online.
In both cases, these breaches have provided researchers with an unparalleled look at the security habits of millions of people — and it's not pretty.
Security firm Keeper trawled through 10 million records that leaked in 2016, and found that a shocking 17% of people used the basic, insecure password 123456. (We heard about the analysis via The Register.)
In second place was the barely better 123456789, followed by the predictable qwerty. Then came 12345678, and in fifth place was the insecure 111111.

I'm guessing several board members have chosen #12.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolog ... ailsignout

personally, I always use the largest prime number that is divisible by 3....

Just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pass words.

Post by timmydownawell »

It's surprising that there are forums/databases/systems out there that still let people choose passwords like 123456 or 'password' - you would expect them to require you to choose a password that's at least eight characters and include a combination of upper and lower case letters and at least one number.

So while it's stupid for people to choose the simple passwords, what the hell is wrong with the admins for having such feeble security?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Pass words.

Post by General Mackevili »

timmydownawell wrote:It's surprising that there are forums/databases/systems out there that still let people choose passwords like 123456 or 'password' - you would expect them to require you to choose a password that's at least eight characters and include a combination of upper and lower case letters and at least one number.

So while it's stupid for people to choose the simple passwords, what the hell is wrong with the admins for having such feeble security?
That.

However, don't blame us. You might be able to have "123" as your password.

I hate getting locked out of accounts even when I know the damn password, but try to login from a new device or through a VPN.

That's bullshit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic