Woman charged with stealing $2M of German boyfriend's land.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman charged with stealing $2M of German boyfriend's land.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ex-Girlfriend Charged With Selling $2M of German Man’s Land
by Khy Sovuthy and Janelle Retka | January 2, 2017

A 35-year-old Cambodian woman was provisionally charged with forgery and selling stolen property on Saturday for allegedly using manipulated legal documents to sell $2 million worth of land owned by her former German boyfriend’s agriculture company, officials said.

Rainer Wollny established his company, Delta W. Trading, in 2004 and acquired land via Cambodian shareholders, the businessman said on Sunday. Foreigners are barred from owning land in Cambodia. In 2013, about a third of the company’s shares were transferred to his then-girlfriend, Nuon Chanmakara.

According to Mr. Wollny, in November 2015 Ms. Chanmak­ara convinced his employees to have a mechanic open a safe on a company farm in Kompong Speu province, giving her access to original land acquisition documents and shareholder thumbprints.

He said she then created a document to transfer the power of attorney for the land to her, and copied Mr. Wollny’s thumbprint below the text. In June, she began selling his land, and on Friday she was arrested, he said...
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/ex-g ... nd-122823/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Woman charged with stealing $2M of German boyfriend's land.

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

It was about time for the cambodian girls to up their game to thai standarts :clap:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Kampong Speu): On 25 May 2020, the 1100 hectares land dispute between German man, Rainer Wollny, and his ex-girlfriend was finally resolved successfully thanks to the special arbitration of Prime Minister HE.
The Provincial Government held a special ceremony yesterday, presenting the ex-couple with issued land certificates to resolve the legal problem between them, which dates back to 2015.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Which tells us? ...absolutely nada.
Gotta love the weird wealth of detail tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Wow, the PM sure gets involved in many cases involving foreigners. Will this German guy be given Cambodian citizenship as well? He's a baller, so there's probably a good chance.
Rocky 666
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Rocky 666 »

So 3 years (2017) since girlfriend is caught ''Stealing'' her German boyfriends land using Forgeries !!

Hung gets involved in case with land arbitration, And the out come....No Conviction,

NO NO, she gets '''PAID''' and receives Land out of it ??? For a signature .

Only in Cambodia.They do look after their own , we could learn a lesson in Europe from them.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Rocky 666 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:23 am So 3 years (2017) since girlfriend is caught ''Stealing'' her German boyfriends land using Forgeries !!

Hung gets involved in case with land arbitration, And the out come....No Conviction,

NO NO, she gets '''PAID''' and receives Land out of it ??? For a signature .

Only in Cambodia.They do look after their own , we could learn a lesson in Europe from them.
I don't understand what exactly the outcome was in that case. but I do see that she is smiling a lot more than he is in that picture.
Still here, in country...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I might be wrong, but I think they also have a child together, so it was also pretty important to come to some sort of compromise for the sake of the kid.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: ( 2 . 1 ) Western Men thinking of setting up business or buying land & putting it in their girlfriends /Wife's name ,,, ,Take note . :OD:
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:55 am :dragonchase: ( 2 . 1 ) Western Men thinking of setting up business or buying land & putting it in their girlfriends /Wife's name ,,, ,Take note . :OD:
I can already hear hundreds of barang responding to your warning, "But my gf really loves me, she's not with me for the money!!!"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic