Lower driving age/no license required

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Lower driving age/no license required

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
Bertros wrote:and yet I still don't know if I can drive a less than/equal to a 125 cc moto w/o a license.

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
I'm riding a temporary little scooter thing at the moment, I'll see if I can get myself pulled over tomorrow and see what happens.
a number of my friends been pulled over the past couple of weeks, none have been fined for no license, or even asked for that matter
Jamie, if you don't mind elucidating a bit.... were they stopped at the 'std' road side police set up where they wave over lots of folks and were they actually in some sort of violation (helmet or otherwise) that caused 'fine'?

just curious

Cheers

one mate got pulled over downtown somewhere,
he got pulled over for passenger with no helmet + lights on, total fine = $5, never even asked to see his license
another got pulled randomly, at golden lions i think, he was still half cut from the night before and they threatened him with a breathaliser, he gave them $20 and was on his way, never asked about license
there have been a number of times they been pulled over, and its something ive been taking notice of and asking them, as i left my permit in Thailand, so been asking if they been asking for licenses and so far afaik none have bothered checking, i myself, dont normally get bothered by the police
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Lower driving age/no license required

Post by Bertros »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
Bertros wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
Bertros wrote:and yet I still don't know if I can drive a less than/equal to a 125 cc moto w/o a license.

just sayin'

I'm riding a temporary little scooter thing at the moment, I'll see if I can get myself pulled over tomorrow and see what happens.
a number of my friends been pulled over the past couple of weeks, none have been fined for no license, or even asked for that matter
Jamie, if you don't mind elucidating a bit.... were they stopped at the 'std' road side police set up where they wave over lots of folks and were they actually in some sort of violation (helmet or otherwise) that caused 'fine'?

just curious

Cheers

one mate got pulled over downtown somewhere,
he got pulled over for passenger with no helmet + lights on, total fine = $5, never even asked to see his license
another got pulled randomly, at golden lions i think, he was still half cut from the night before and they threatened him with a breathaliser, he gave them $20 and was on his way, never asked about license
there have been a number of times they been pulled over, and its something ive been taking notice of and asking them, as i left my permit in Thailand, so been asking if they been asking for licenses and so far afaik none have bothered checking, i myself, dont normally get bothered by the police
cheers Jamie.

appreciate it.

A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Lower driving age/no license required

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Image
That's my meme! Tried to get pulled over this aft, drove around all the checkpoints with my visor up making sure they saw my white mug, still couldn't get pulled over! Even flashed my lights at one cop standing in the road and he waved and got out of the way. What's this town coming to!?
Tomorrow I'm just gonna pull up by the side where they write up the fines sporting my fluoros and wife beater and shout 'I don't have a licence!!' I'll report back.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:Image
That's my meme! Tried to get pulled over this aft, drove around all the checkpoints with my visor up making sure they saw my white mug, still couldn't get pulled over! Even flashed my lights at one cop standing in the road and he waved and got out of the way. What's this town coming to!?
Tomorrow I'm just gonna pull up by the side where they write up the fines sporting my fluoros and wife beater and shout 'I don't have a licence!! Ii'll report back.
ive been ignored a lot lately as well, not that im complaining though...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic