Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

24 December 2016, 1:30am. According to reports, British national Malcolm Stanley Jones, aged 66, had an attack in the bathroom at RS Mart, No.33E0, Street 178, Group 8, Village 2, sangkat Chey Chomnaeh, khan Daun Penh, Daun Penh. Apparently he had a seizure and called for help. He was transported to Calmette Hospital for treatment but he was found DOA. Cause of death is presumed heart attack. The body is being kept at the Russian hospital morgue.

Jones arrived in Cambodia on 25 october 2016 at Phomn Penh International Airport. DOB 27/12/1957. His 67th birthday was in two days time . RIP.
https://www.facebook.com/khmeread
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
2000rielpineapples
Expatriate

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by 2000rielpineapples »

whats the bodycount this year for barangs so far in KoW?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Nearly as much as a small uncut pineapple costs in riel.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

2000rielpineapples wrote:whats the bodycount this year for barangs so far in KoW?

Gee, your an impatient prick, cant you just wait a few days till the end of the year.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

OKW wrote:and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
"Jumping" - you must be in Thailand - that is not a Cambodian thing at all - for the moment anyway. No jumping and no falling from balconies.

A lot of people are just buying very bad drugs. Particularly in PP. But there is no suggestion that the OP deceased died of drugs. People also just die sometimes...
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

^truish, although the 'falling from balconies' count seems to be creeping up. Was pretty hard a few years ago when most places were three stories high or less
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

I travel a lot, so I am not in Thailand nor in Cambodia at the moment. But have lived and worked in both. There were at least two jumps in Cambodia while I was there, and a lot of bad drugs and od s. Also drunk driving, no helmet etc etc contribute to the toll. I am just saying that most barang death are self inflicted, some are murder. Nothing to get too excited about, as some can't wait for a body count. I have lived in places with the highest murder rate per capita, those numbers were an impressive 40 fold. No tourism, no expats and no war. There I did check my 6 o'clock often. No need here in Asia apart from the Phil's. I did not suggest that the OP deceased died of drugs.
Anchor Moy wrote:
OKW wrote:and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
"Jumping" - you must be in Thailand - that is not a Cambodian thing at all - for the moment anyway. No jumping and no falling from balconies.

A lot of people are just buying very bad drugs. Particularly in PP. But there is no suggestion that the OP deceased died of drugs. People also just die sometimes...
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

:thumb:
Raybull wrote:^truish, although the 'falling from balconies' count seems to be creeping up. Was pretty hard a few years ago when most places were three stories high or less
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

OKW wrote:I travel a lot, so I am not in Thailand nor in Cambodia at the moment. But have lived and worked in both. There were at least two jumps in Cambodia while I was there, and a lot of bad drugs and od s. Also drunk driving, no helmet etc etc contribute to the toll. I am just saying that most barang death are self inflicted, some are murder. Nothing to get too excited about, as some can't wait for a body count. I have lived in places with the highest murder rate per capita, those numbers were an impressive 40 fold. No tourism, no expats and no war. There I did check my 6 o'clock often. No need here in Asia apart from the Phil's. I did not suggest that the OP deceased died of drugs.
So which one is it?
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neigh ... hborhoods/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic