Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 35196
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1928
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Image
24 December 2016, 1:30am. According to reports, British national Malcolm Stanley Jones, aged 66, had an attack in the bathroom at RS Mart, No.33E0, Street 178, Group 8, Village 2, sangkat Chey Chomnaeh, khan Daun Penh, Daun Penh. Apparently he had a seizure and called for help. He was transported to Calmette Hospital for treatment but he was found DOA. Cause of death is presumed heart attack. The body is being kept at the Russian hospital morgue.

Jones arrived in Cambodia on 25 october 2016 at Phomn Penh International Airport. DOB 27/12/1957. His 67th birthday was in two days time . RIP.
https://www.facebook.com/khmeread
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
2000rielpineapples
Expatriate
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:43 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by 2000rielpineapples » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:12 pm

whats the bodycount this year for barangs so far in KoW?
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 12

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by Raybull » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Nearly as much as a small uncut pineapple costs in riel.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8022
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2271
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by Duncan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:16 pm

2000rielpineapples wrote:whats the bodycount this year for barangs so far in KoW?


Gee, your an impatient prick, cant you just wait a few days till the end of the year.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
OKW
Expatriate
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: worldwide
Angola

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by OKW » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:42 pm

and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 10735
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2172
Tokelau

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by Anchor Moy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:00 pm

OKW wrote:and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
"Jumping" - you must be in Thailand - that is not a Cambodian thing at all - for the moment anyway. No jumping and no falling from balconies.

A lot of people are just buying very bad drugs. Particularly in PP. But there is no suggestion that the OP deceased died of drugs. People also just die sometimes...
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 12

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by Raybull » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:30 pm

^truish, although the 'falling from balconies' count seems to be creeping up. Was pretty hard a few years ago when most places were three stories high or less
OKW
Expatriate
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: worldwide
Angola

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by OKW » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:08 pm

I travel a lot, so I am not in Thailand nor in Cambodia at the moment. But have lived and worked in both. There were at least two jumps in Cambodia while I was there, and a lot of bad drugs and od s. Also drunk driving, no helmet etc etc contribute to the toll. I am just saying that most barang death are self inflicted, some are murder. Nothing to get too excited about, as some can't wait for a body count. I have lived in places with the highest murder rate per capita, those numbers were an impressive 40 fold. No tourism, no expats and no war. There I did check my 6 o'clock often. No need here in Asia apart from the Phil's. I did not suggest that the OP deceased died of drugs.
Anchor Moy wrote:
OKW wrote:and even then, you will come up with less than one a day. With the bigger part of them overdosing or jumping. So it is not really a big deal.
"Jumping" - you must be in Thailand - that is not a Cambodian thing at all - for the moment anyway. No jumping and no falling from balconies.

A lot of people are just buying very bad drugs. Particularly in PP. But there is no suggestion that the OP deceased died of drugs. People also just die sometimes...
OKW
Expatriate
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: worldwide
Angola

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by OKW » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:10 pm

:thumb:
Raybull wrote:^truish, although the 'falling from balconies' count seems to be creeping up. Was pretty hard a few years ago when most places were three stories high or less
Raybull
Expatriate
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 am
Reputation: 12

Re: Malcolm Stanley JONES, British, died in RS Mart PP.

Post by Raybull » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:33 pm

OKW wrote:I travel a lot, so I am not in Thailand nor in Cambodia at the moment. But have lived and worked in both. There were at least two jumps in Cambodia while I was there, and a lot of bad drugs and od s. Also drunk driving, no helmet etc etc contribute to the toll. I am just saying that most barang death are self inflicted, some are murder. Nothing to get too excited about, as some can't wait for a body count. I have lived in places with the highest murder rate per capita, those numbers were an impressive 40 fold. No tourism, no expats and no war. There I did check my 6 o'clock often. No need here in Asia apart from the Phil's. I did not suggest that the OP deceased died of drugs.
So which one is it?
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neigh ... hborhoods/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Andy S Tawatin, angkorjohn2, Arget, balsson, Conny, Cooldude, Ghostwriter, Google [Bot], lurcio, truffledog and 661 guests