Scammers on the increase in SR

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Scammers on the increase in SR

Post by OKW » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:32 pm

what a beauty "handsome man"
Kuroneko wrote:
hanno wrote:
2000rielpineapples wrote:they try and act like they know ya but you know ya never met em before but they still then proceed start firing off question after question?

where you from? how long you stay cambodia,...? where you stay? what nane hotel?
u wann weed? smoke rock? no i dont and i didnt want it last year or 5 minutes ago.

5 minutes later? hey you wan tuk tuk? weed?

1 minute later. etc, etc. .

Strange, never happens to me....
If you went out looking like the chap below it most likely would :lol:

2000rielpineapples
Expatriate

Post by 2000rielpineapples » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:00 pm

phone chargers are the new target of many scammers and thiefs, specially in dorms.....
they want original chargers and cables, quit oftern cleaner will steal the chargers and replace with counterfit products or just take.

pretty scabby but its got to be the number one thing stolen in hostels in Cambodia my mate once going through three in one week in sinoukville.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Crikey, it's much worse than we thought. Now they are targeting chargers and cables, whatever next?
A mate said something really funny to me a couple of years ago. We were in 172 and he said it was like Khao San Road without the tourists. I like the forgers in Khao San Road, one can get a good forgery of any document. Why can't the Khmers do this?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:08 pm

willyhilly wrote:Crikey, it's much worse than we thought. Now they are targeting chargers and cables, whatever next?
A mate said something really funny to me a couple of years ago. We were in 172 and he said it was like Khao San Road without the tourists. I like the forgers in Khao San Road, one can get a good forgery of any document. Why can't the Khmers do this?
^Because it requires skill.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:15 pm

even in Bangladesh you can get an ID made at midnight, under five bucks and in less than 10 minutes. Where is this world coming to?
Raybull wrote:
willyhilly wrote:Crikey, it's much worse than we thought. Now they are targeting chargers and cables, whatever next?
^Because it requires skill.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:22 pm

The best way to avoid your 10,000 riel charger from being stolen is not to have one. Shortly, for the giveaway price of $85 you can be the proud owner of a portable self-charging power generator! Keep it in your pocket (if you own one) at all time, never be without power and help stamp out charger theft. Soon the scammers will be penniless and begging on the street.https://stuff-cambodia.com/hot-stuff/15788

Hint don't stand like this with your phone and charger on the street in Phnom Pen, you might get away with it in a dorm though :lol:
2000rielpineapples
Expatriate

Post by 2000rielpineapples » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Kuroneko wrote:The best way to avoid your 10,000 riel charger from being stolen is not to have one. Shortly, for the giveaway price of $85 you can be the proud owner of a portable self-charging power generator! Keep it in your pocket (if you own one) at all time, never be without power and help stamp out charger theft. Soon the scammers will be penniless and begging on the street.https://stuff-cambodia.com/hot-stuff/15788

Hint don't stand like this with your phone and charger on the street in Phnom Pen, you might get away with it in a dorm though :lol:
that come in handy on the islands i bet specially when they turn the generators off.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 pm

^or just buy a 15$ 10000mAh powerbank.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Raybull wrote:^or just buy a 15$ 10000mAh powerbank.
But you still have to have a charger to charge the powerbank. When the charger thieves steal it your back to square one. The idea of the hand charger is to thwart the thieves :Yahoo!: :lol:
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:47 pm

do you have to work that thing somehow, or just keep it warm for it to charge?
Kuroneko wrote:
Raybull wrote:^or just buy a 15$ 10000mAh powerbank.
But you still have to have a charger to charge the powerbank. When the charger thieves steal it your back to square one. The idea of the hand charger is to thwart the thieves :Yahoo!: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic