Man Burned Alive In Siem Reap Province As His Cigarette Caused Fire

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 28030
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1261
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Man Burned Alive In Siem Reap Province As His Cigarette Caused Fire

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:26 am

Man Burned Alive In Siem Reap Province As His Cigarette Caused Fire

A man was smoking cigarette while he was on his bed sleeping under a mosquito net and then he felt asleep in which his cigarette caused fired and burned him alive. The incident happened on 23 December 2016 in Svay Dangkum village. This victim's wife was breaking the house door to try to help him, however it was took late as he was already killed in the fire. police said, the victim named Ouk Chorvy, 55 years old. Adding that, the victim was inside the house alone while his wife and kids were outside at the balcony. Police suspected that the victim has some sort of heart attack problem. Police said, a cigarette filter was found on the victim hand. Therefore it is believed that the victim was smoking and then he felt asleep and his cigarette flame caused the fire.

Image

Image
Spoiler:
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4692
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1085
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Man Burned Alive In Siem Reap Province As His Cigarette Caused Fire

Post by hanno » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:08 am

Damn, that is right next to my house.....
Luigi
Expatriate
Posts: 1961
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 pm
Reputation: 108

Re: Man Burned Alive In Siem Reap Province As His Cigarette Caused Fire

Post by Luigi » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:03 am

Smoking is hazardous to your health.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BKK Phil, Bubble T, Ghostwriter, ron100, Slem101, STEVITO and 549 guests