Somaly Mom, [ take two ]

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Somaly Mom, [ take two ]

Post by Duncan »

'Take the blindfold off your eyes': Girl who says she was raped 43,000 times speaks out against sexual slavery

Yahoo7 News on December 7, 2016, 3:12 pm

Girl who was raped 43,000 times turns to public speaking to help other sex slaves

 Girl who says she was raped 43,000 times turns to public speaking to help other sex slaves

A woman who estimates she was raped more than 43,000 times after she was forced into prostitution at 12-years-old is now dedicating her life to help other sex slaves.

WARNING, DISTRESSING CONTENT

Karla Jacinto said she was forced to have sex around 30 times a day for four years after she was kidnapped and forced into a life of sexual servitude.

Now 24, Ms Jacinto has turned to public speaking in an effort to share her story and help others trapped in the same desperate situation.

Karla Jacinto said she was raped more than 43,000 before the age of 16. Photo: Supplied

“I never imagined that the girl who used to stand on the corner wearing high heels, who was considered a prostitute, would feel so strong,” she told CNN’s Freedom Project.

“Nowadays many people listen to me.”

Ms Jacinto’s nightmare began when she met an older man who swept her off her feet and showered her with gifts.

But her Prince Charming was a pimp, who changed his tune after only three months and forced her to work the streets of Guadalajara, in Mexico.

"Some men would laugh at me because I was crying. I had to close my eyes so that that I wouldn't see what they were doing to me, so that I wouldn't feel anything," Ms Jacinto said.

Ms Jacinto is now trying to raise awareness of sex trafficking. Photo: CNN

Last July, she spoke in front of Pope Francis during a conference on modern day slavery.

She hoped her message opened the eyes of parents to the truth, that there are people out there who will steal their children away from them.

"These minors are being abducted, lured, and yanked away from their families. Don't just listen to me. You need to learn about what happened to me and take the blindfold off your eyes," she said.

Top news stories - December 8
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Somaly Mom, [ take two ]

Post by epidemiks »

30 times per day, every single day, for 4 years?

This story is a year old, why is yahoo rehashing it now?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I smell a very large rat.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

A woman in New York is sexually abused every 90 minutes.

It used to upset her dreadfully but now she quite enjoys it.

[Tell this to a militant feminist of your acquaintance and wait for the reaction.]
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah that works out to 30/day for four years... Smells like bullshit unless the whole city was shagging her. It's bad fork to question the victim's claims, but these are so outrageous a few question marks and red flags can't help but pop up.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

'' It's bad fork....

I've never read that expression before. From where does it originate? English colloquialism?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

My guess is that it's a typo for" it's bad form". I offer that in the off chance your query was serious.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Fake news is getting to be a thing. some dumb ass in the states shot up a pizza place in DC because he read an article saying it was a front for having sex with kids.

some, however, seem to be making money on it

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fak ... ailsignout

Dimitri — who asked NBC News not to use his real name — is one of dozens of teenagers in the Macedonian town of Veles who got rich during the U.S. presidential election producing fake news for millions on social media.
The articles, sensationalist and often baseless, were posted to Facebook, drawing in armies of readers and earning fake-news writers money from penny-per-click advertising.

PT Barnum would have had a field day with this....just sayin'

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Hardly believable, there are no shortage of prostitutes in Guadalajara.

Guadalajara boasts the most gorgeous women in Mexico, fun place. I'm going to Mexico City next month :beer1: Mmmm love good cerveza!
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

[quote="taabarang"]My guess is that it's a typo for" it's bad form". I offer that in the off chance your query was serious.[/quoteI

I was. Bad form makes sense. :facepalm:
I thought it might be reference to the Brits using the inverted fork.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic