You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
OKW
Expatriate
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:07 am
Reputation: 8
Location: worldwide
Angola

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by OKW » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:you know sometimes when you meet someone for the first time and you just "click" and become instant best pals.... yeah that happened
:thumb: And you wonder what took you so long to get here... :beer2:
yes, I was right next door for years and just as I had given up on Asia, a job was offered in PP, went, loved it and stayed. It had most everything I was looking for, incl. unpaved roads...... :thumb:
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 1755
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 322
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by timmydownawell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Hotdigr wrote: I'm in Australia now, first time in 4 and 1/2 years. This place is so fukn sterile, so bland, so regulated,so boring, so fukn expensive. Its "culture" is all about ME, fuk everyone else.
I've been here for 5 days now, remember why I left the place and can't wait to get back home on Sunday.
When I left Sydney at the end of May, I stored half a dozen boxes of stuff in a friend's garage. Some because it was special to me but couldn't come in my checked baggage (weight issues), others because I needed it right until the last day (tools and shit because I was still finishing renovation at my place - I was literally touching up paint before I left for the airport).

Seven months later and I'll soon be heading back to sort out that crap. Sell some, throw/give some away, bring some back to PP. I just cannot see myself living in - as you say - such a bland, boring and expensive place. Feeling right at home here now. No regrets. Got a little project on the go (Timmy Downawell Hotel) or at least it's a work in progress. Lovin' it. Fuck Australia.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:29 pm
Reputation: 4

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by snookieboi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:58 am

OKW wrote:also got to Bangkok,Thailand first for work. Got tired of the noise, found a job in Phnom Penh and loved Cambodia on impact. Things are kept simple, the language is pleasant to listen to and fashion, jeans and hats, worn buy women are nice.
One of two countries I consider retiring at, the other is in South America.
Yes. South America is an interesting continent with a fair few expats, and the language pretty easy to learn. No doubt that one of Cambodia's biggest draws is the chilled out and relaxed vibe about the place.
Another hip beach day on the snook!
User avatar
markd
Expatriate
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:16 am
Reputation: 16
Zimbabwe

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by markd » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:27 am

happy pizza :twisted:
thru shit to more shit
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by vladimir » Sat May 27, 2017 2:35 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:43 pm
I do still like the place a lot, it's a mess but I have grown fond of it.
You're in danger of becoming settled and conformist, JB.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 674
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by taabarang » Sat May 27, 2017 2:50 pm

I fell in love with the right woman in the wrong country 20+ years ago. Bad health and a love of foreign language acquisition keep me here.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by vladimir » Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 pm

taabarang wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm
I fell in love with the right woman in the wrong country 20+ years ago. Bad health and a love of foreign language acquisition keep me here.
Is the bad health schizophrenia? I ask because you (guys?) posted it twice. :D
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10091
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 709
Australia

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by StroppyChops » Sat May 27, 2017 3:00 pm

vladimir wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 pm
taabarang wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm
I fell in love with the right woman in the wrong country 20+ years ago. Bad health and a love of foreign language acquisition keep me here.
Is the bad health schizophrenia? I ask because you (guys?) posted it twice. :D
I think he's making a point - he fell absolutely in love with completely the right woman in totally the wrong country, and very bad health and a complete love of utterly foreign language acquisition thoroughly kept him wholly here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by vladimir » Sat May 27, 2017 3:02 pm

He fell in love with bad health? Kinky, but sadism has never really interested me.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 674
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: You've travelled, so what made you choose Cambodia over the rest?

Post by taabarang » Sat May 27, 2017 3:15 pm

"He fell in love with bad health? Kinky, but sadism has never really interested me."

I did ask to have the duplicate posts removed. As for your assertion that you have no interest in sadism, I suggest you reread the bulk of your tacky, snide grammar Nazi posts.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post