Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 21294
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 733
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Phnom Penh: Mark Wayne Allen, a 56 year old Australian tourist from Darwin, has been found dead from what police are saying appears to be a drug overdose in his room at The Tonle Sap Guest House, which is located above The Pickled Parrot Pub & Restaurant.

According to Khmer media reports, Mark Wayne Allen checked into room 202 at The Tonle Sap Guest House on October 15 on a tourist visa, and when the staff noticed a foul odor coming from his room on December 1, they opened his door to find him dead from what looked like a drug overdose.

He was lying dead on the bathroom floor in his room.

His passport shows that it's not his first time visiting Cambodia and he was here back in March and April of 2015.

He was staying on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, which is an area well known for its strip of hostess bars filled with lovely ladies who will give you their full attention if you are kind enough to buy them a mere $3 lady drink.

His body is being kept at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16019
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1305
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:12 pm

RIP.

Updating this article to more accurately reflect where this happened.

Mark Wayne Allen died in the Tonle Sap Guest House, which is located above the Pickled Parrot and part of the same business.


Another image regarding this story:

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate
Posts: 2321
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by Sailorman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:11 am

I stayed at the Tonle Sap Guesthouse for a number of years, but stopped last year after they twice lost my reservation, cleaning went down-hill and there didn't seem to be any management. The owner was opening a new guesthouse and could care less about this property. It used to be priced right, quiet (in the back rooms), convenient to the riverfront, had a good breakfast, clean and the staff remembered you. (not anymore) Looks like its hitting rock bottom.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 21294
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 733
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Not much new in the Australian media, except that the deceased was from Perth, not Darwin.

Australian man found dead in Cambodian guesthouse from apparent drug overdose
December 2, 20164:05pm

THE decomposing remains of an Australian man, Mark Allen, has been found in his rented room at a Cambodian guesthouse in the capital Phnom Penh.

Police say they believe the Australian tourist, who is originally from East Fremantle, Western Australia, died from a suspected drug overdose.

The body of Mark Wayne Allen, 56, was found in a second floor room of the Tonle Sap Guest House on Street 104, a well-known hostess bar strip in Phnom Penh.

Mr Allen checked in on a tourist visa on October 15 to Room 202. Originally from Western Australia, he had flown via Jet Asia Airways from Darwin...
Image
http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/austr ... 2ba550ffbe
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16019
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1305
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by General Mackevili » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm

^ Those bastards stole our pictures and our sentences without giving us any credit! ? ! ? Who does that?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bertros
Expatriate
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm
Reputation: 15
United States of America

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by Bertros » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm

General Mackevili wrote:^ Those bastards stole our pictures and our sentences without giving us any credit! ? ! ? Who does that? Image
sure, but how do you know their parents were never married?

just askin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 8713
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 948
Tokelau

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by Anchor Moy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm

General Mackevili wrote:^ Those bastards stole our pictures and our sentences without giving us any credit! ? ! ? Who does that? Image
news.com.au apparently.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
Reputation: 8
Ireland

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by SinnSisamouth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Sailorman wrote:I stayed at the Tonle Sap Guesthouse for a number of years, but stopped last year after they twice lost my reservation, cleaning went down-hill and there didn't seem to be any management. The owner was opening a new guesthouse and could care less about this property. It used to be priced right, quiet (in the back rooms), convenient to the riverfront, had a good breakfast, clean and the staff remembered you. (not anymore) Looks like its hitting rock bottom.
wtf has that got to do with anything?

you really are mental
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 430
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by timmydownawell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:51 pm

SinnSisamouth wrote:
Sailorman wrote:I stayed at the Tonle Sap Guesthouse for a number of years, but stopped last year after they twice lost my reservation, cleaning went down-hill and there didn't seem to be any management. The owner was opening a new guesthouse and could care less about this property. It used to be priced right, quiet (in the back rooms), convenient to the riverfront, had a good breakfast, clean and the staff remembered you. (not anymore) Looks like its hitting rock bottom.
wtf has that got to do with anything?
...the room where they found the body was dirty?
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Posts: 2068
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am
Reputation: 8
Ireland

Re: Australian Tourist Mark Allen Dies From Apparent Drug Overdose at The Pickled Parrot, Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Camb

Post by SinnSisamouth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 pm

lost reservation = death (painfully)
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobsboots, Google [Bot], Kevin168, Majestic-12 [Bot], phuketrichard, Sidewalker and 513 guests