Changing Tourist Visa to Ordinary Visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Changing Tourist Visa to Ordinary Visa

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

hello, when doing border run Thailand is always the easiest / fastest ?
But in Vietnam where people usually go, and where is the easiest to get a visa for Vietnam ?

Is this still accurate ?
http://epicanimalquest.com/blog/Cambodi ... nam-border

so -Cửa khẩu Quốc tế Mộc Bài, National Hwy 1, Lợi Thuận, Chantrea, Tây Ninh, Vietnam- is the closest crossing from Phnompen, but where is the closest from Sihanoukville ?
https://goo.gl/pu5wDL

Thanks a lot.
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

Depending on your nationality you may NOT need a visa for Vietnam. e.g. British Passport gets 14 days free visa entry - no free visa with 30 days exit from previous one.

If you need a visa then the Vietnam embassy in Phnom Penh can issue you a visa in a few days or even a few hours for an extra fee.

On return from Vietnam you can get a tourist visa valid for 30 days (can only be extended once for 30 days) or an Ordinary visa for 30 days which can be extended or converted to various types e.g. ER retirement, EB business EG - looking for work etc. etc. as long as the appropriate documents are provided.

If you are flying in then the tourist visa I believe is 25$ and the Ordinary visa is $30.
If you are crossing the land border I know that at Bavet/Moc Bai border from Vietnam the Tourist visa is 30$ and the ordinary visa is 35$

The extra 5$ is well worth it for the flexibility of being able to extend or convert it.

I also add that if you need a visa to go to Vietnam then the Vietnamese Embassy is very efficient.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

jimpson wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:27 am If you are flying in then the tourist visa I believe is 25$ and the Ordinary visa is $30.
If you are crossing the land border I know that at Bavet/Moc Bai border from Vietnam the Tourist visa is 30$ and the ordinary visa is 35$
Doesn't matter whether arriving via Airport or land, the official fees are:

T-type (Tourist) Visa on Arrival = $30
E-type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival = $35

Be aware though that when entering via land border entry points, many Immigration officials will try to charge you more than the official Visa fee. Have the correct change, in USD and stand your ground (but be polite & patient about it...do not behave aggressively).
gennyfrank
Tourist
Nigeria

Post by gennyfrank »

hi please with regards to the fact that cambodia has no embassy in my country Nigeria, i figured that one will need to obtain a visa overseas to come over to cambodia.. i want to know if its possible to get my visa from the United States through a brother then fly from Nigeria?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

gennyfrank wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:17 pm How can i get an E- type ordinary visa to cambodia
gennyfrank wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 am hi please with regards to the fact that cambodia has no embassy in my country Nigeria, i figured that one will need to obtain a visa overseas to come over to cambodia.. i want to know if its possible to get my visa from the United States through a brother then fly from Nigeria?
If you mean an online e-visa, no you can not get one if you are Nigerian. I think you need to fly to a country with a Cambodian embassy and apply there in person. And no, I would not recommend sending your passport to the US to get a brother to fix it.
Maybe fly to Thailand and apply for the visa in Bangkok ?
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Post by hiway5 »

AdvisorExpertTravel wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:26 pm hello, when doing border run Thailand is always the easiest / fastest ?
But in Vietnam where people usually go, and where is the easiest to get a visa for Vietnam ?

Is this still accurate ?
http://epicanimalquest.com/blog/Cambodi ... nam-border

so -Cửa khẩu Quốc tế Mộc Bài, National Hwy 1, Lợi Thuận, Chantrea, Tây Ninh, Vietnam- is the closest crossing from Phnompen, but where is the closest from Sihanoukville ?
https://goo.gl/pu5wDL

Thanks a lot.
There is a friendly Vietnam consulate in Sihanoukville. The closest border crossing to there is near Ha Tien just past Kep. Avoid going there between 11.00am and 1.00pm. You may need to show an international certificate of vaccination. Or a copy. Or pay USD 1.
gennyfrank
Tourist
Nigeria

Post by gennyfrank »

Please what is the lowest pay package or lowest minimum wage (hourly or monthly) for an English teacher (with a degree in physics) n Cambodia...
How much would he make at this least while teaching English in Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic