China Southern Airlines - anything to say ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

China Southern Airlines - anything to say ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Always said I wouldn't fly with them, mostly based on trip reports about bad experiences and the time spent changing in Guangzhou. I checked reports recently and the TA reports etc are all over the place. Some passengers think CSA are great because they serve free beer. :facepalm: Isn't this the absolute minimum ? Others complain because the food is Asian. Lol, useless information.

I'm looking at this for a longhaul flight. Just wondering. Any experiences ?

Edit. Haha. This just came up on news: http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/2 ... nd-airport
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: China Southern Airlines - anything to say ?

Post by phuketrichard »

never used CSA but have used China eastern airlines ( stops in Shanghai), twice to fly Phuket -sfo
Great price, short layover, flights were never full
only complaint was Terrible food

Also Asiana is good and a little bit more
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I read that they rank pretty well up there and above other China airlines. Sorry I can't give any specifics but I flew em and would again, quite good I thought. Food was fine. Don't recall any free beer, but generally don't drink beer. Clean and efficient as I recall, and this is an economy airline. I'd say give em a shot. China Air stuck me in Beijing for 9 hours. I DO remember that, and not liking that airport, confusing.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Avoid at all costs. I speak from experience. Guangzhou is the worst airport I've ever been in.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:Always said I wouldn't fly with them, mostly based on trip reports about bad experiences and the time spent changing in Guangzhou. I checked reports recently and the TA reports etc are all over the place. Some passengers think CSA are great because they serve free beer. :facepalm: Isn't this the absolute minimum ? Others complain because the food is Asian. Lol, useless information.

I'm looking at this for a longhaul flight. Just wondering. Any experiences ?

Edit. Haha. This just came up on news: http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/2 ... nd-airport
good report on that freshnews :facepalm: report about china southern airlines yet display an Air China plane.... :unknown:

ive flown with Air China, great service, never flown CSA though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic