British ex-scammer, 58YO Gregory John BURNARD, to be deported.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British ex-scammer, 58YO Gregory John BURNARD, to be deported.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Gregory John Burnard, British national, was picked up on the streets of Phnom Penh by the police on the night of November 3 2016. He had no passport and was homeless, living on the streets.He is believed to have been in Cambodia since 2013 and he has previous history as a financial scammer.

Two interesting details in this case are firstly that Greg Burnard has been identified as an expat who scammed other expats, and secondly, only 2 days after he was found homeless, the British Embassy have requested that he be sent back to Great Britain.

The Embassy: Over the years, there have been many well-documented cases of British nationals literally dying in the streets of Cambodia through ill-health and lack of funds to return home. Many expats in Cambodia have spoken out about what they perceive to be the British Embassy's callous refusals to help repatriate these people in need.It would be enlightening to know why the British Embassy have stepped up this time, and so promptly.

The scamming:
========= Message I put on Scammers in Cambodia Facebook page
After I saw the members of this group many of you know me and already know the story. Greg J Burnard rolls around town talking a big game of investment banking and all these big things he's doing in Cambodia. In my unfortunate four month I experienced w him, not 1 single thing came to fruition. Says he works directly for Richard Branson and he's going to have 80 people operation over here by December. I actually could write a novel on the experience I'm just telling you straight up, don't believe a word of this guy's bullshit. He did everything the description of this page describes, borrowed money, didn't pay his tab, etc, etc. Here's some more we dug up on him, unfortunately too late - http://www.danwei.org/newspap…/shanghai ... nigans.php. Let's just say myself and several other people that got involved with him were left holding the bag $$$ YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
http://gregjburnard.com/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: British ex-scammer, 58YO Gregory John BURNARD, to be deported.

Post by Fourkinnel »

Ex- Scammer? So he's found Jesus and changed his ways or maybe people got ahead of his game and he ran out of folk to scam. Not important, but good riddance to the cunt. Pity no one caught up with him and gave him a slap or 3!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Fourkinnel wrote:Ex- Scammer? So he's found Jesus and changed his ways or maybe people got ahead of his game and he ran out of folk to scam. Not important, but good riddance to the cunt. Pity no one caught up with him and gave him a slap or 3!
Probably harder to pull financial scams when you are on the streets and out on your arse. Not so much converted, as no longer fit for purpose.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Works directly for Richard Branson...? Well if you fall for that one, maybe you deserve to be scammed.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Well, let us all hope that Richard Branson will recover swiftly from the loss of this streetguy working directly for him.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i work for this guy, contact me for chance of a lifetime to make money beyond your dreams, death by firing squad optional

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

No kidding - I really truly FEEL for all those decent people taken in by a POS like this
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

This must be the same guy surely. How many financial scammers called Greg Burnard could there be in Cambodia ? This is from his LinkedIn profile.
He lists himself as CEO for a company called Uk Capital Investments, which is posted on a "scammers" website. Looks like high class embezzlement.

http://www.ukcapitalinvestmentfraud.com/the-scams.php

Perhaps he is wanted in the UK, which would explain why the UK authorities were so keen for him to be deported ?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

This is from his company's website. You can see why he was fitting right in, working in Cambodia.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

looks like the only way the British authority's will help you get back if you are homeless and living on the streets in a foreign country is if you are a scamming bastard who is wanted back home.............. :BangHead:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic