Khmers and cobwebs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Khmers and cobwebs

Post by prahkeitouj »

Username Taken wrote:"They asked if barang share housework with his gf?"

I think you've got that back to front. "Does gf share housework with her barang?" Well, of course she doesn't! She's rich now. She doesn't have to do that sort of thing anymore. She can just get her younger sister to do it when she comes around. (Wouldn't want to break a fingernail or anything).
None of you do it? Did you praise her fingernail or any girl's beauty ? Did you praise her when she did housework? Women like to hear her man praise her.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Luigi wrote:prahkeitouj wrote;

''Hehehe... I couldn't help laughing when I heard their question. Told them" man is a king!".

I got lost, you asked your peers the question & there answer was " man is a king!"

If correct what is that age bracket please? How many responded? Curiouser & curiouser.

I do 50% ++ of domestic chores. I do not hand wash her intimates however.
That was my answer. I was kidding with them, but honestly being a good woman we need to look after our man and house even though the man doesn't share housework.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't like washing dishes either but sometimes it's just gotta be done, no matter who does it. Nobody should be too proud to clean up after themselves.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Username Taken wrote: I don't know whether it's just a British obsession but most long weekends involve some sort of repainting, wallpapering etc etc, whereas here even people with money have some really tatty looking places.

I'm with you on that. Home improvement/ maintenance is a big thing back home. I don't feel as comfortable in a place that's unkempt, with dirty walls etc. Especially when it's so easy to fix. I remember being surprised going into a rich friend's villa here years back. The ceiling in one huge room was caved on one side, and when I asked him he said it fell in in the rain a few months before. Where I'm from we'd deal with that sort of shit immediately, no matter how much trouble or cost.
There's also the difference that most peoples back home have tools/ ladders/ etc around and someone can manage because getting an electrician or whatever in is going to cost you too much, like $50 an hour or more. Here its a lot cheaper to call someone to do it - even if they botch it!
:thumb: :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

prahkeitouj wrote: That was my answer. I was kidding with them, but honestly being a good woman we need to look after our man and house even though the man doesn't share housework.
Men are not handicapped. There is no reason why they cannot do housework. You just have to train them correctly from the beginning. Don't forget to praise him when he does the dishes without being asked. Or tell him he's handsome while he's dusting. :)
prahkeitouj wrote: None of you do it? Did you praise her fingernail or any girl's beauty ? Did you praise her when she did housework? Women like to hear her man praise her.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Khmers and cobwebs

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote: That was my answer. I was kidding with them, but honestly being a good woman we need to look after our man and house even though the man doesn't share housework.
Men are not handicapped. There is no reason why they cannot do housework. You just have to train them correctly from the beginning. Don't forget to praise him when he does the dishes without being asked. Or tell him he's handsome while he's dusting. :)
prahkeitouj wrote: None of you do it? Did you praise her fingernail or any girl's beauty ? Did you praise her when she did housework? Women like to hear her man praise her.
Yes, I'm ever mean with nice words.Image

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

I know this is old but had to add my 2 cents.

I've noticed the same thing totally. Everything above her head she doesn't see or care about. granted it's taller than her so probably she doesn't care about it. Us/Foreigners, I assume, are used to when cleaning to look in every nook and cranny and on top of everything. I always come back from working outside and have to clear the cobwebs out. And he mother puts her tobacco dip on every ledge she can reach up high. I have to go back through and throw them in the trash. The house in the province is the same lol. She's not scared of spiders but I sure am, if I had a flame thrower I'd kill each one I see with it, screw the house, I saw Arachnophobia, I know what they'll do haha.

Normally she does all the cleaning, I help out when I can. No one should be above cleaning the house. When I'm home I have project back in the states and have to stay up late for tele-conferences with the design staff. So at 6am when the kids wake up for school I go down, make breakfast and clean the kitchen. She'll typically mop the floor in the morning and I try to help but she tells me to sit and relax. Since I haven't been to sleep yet and tired as f'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic