Khmers and cobwebs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Khmers and cobwebs

Post by cptrelentless »

It's usually the outside bog that's like a haunted house. Especially annoying as the regular users are about a foot shorter and the spiders aren't used to lofty strangers. Not really big on redecorating, either. I don't know whether it's just a British obsession but most long weekends involve some sort of repainting, wallpapering etc etc, whereas here even people with money have some really tatty looking places.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

jeez op!
u are infering that khmers have a problem with cobwebs and cleaning and you seem to basing it on one person,ie the chick you live with

if not then maybe u should have put "during my experience in cambpdia living with various women i have noticed"
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

SinnSisamouth wrote:jeez op!
u are infering that khmers have a problem with cobwebs and cleaning and you seem to basing it on one person,ie the chick you live with

if not then maybe u should have put "during my experience in cambpdia living with various women i have noticed"
I don't live with a "chick" I live with a woman also I have no experience of living in "cambpdia"
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Maybe you are taller than her. Or maybe she is scared of spider. As a woman, she doesn't have hundred hands. I've talked with my classmates about our boyfriends. Some girls have Khmer boyfriends, some have barang boyfriends. They asked if barang share housework with his gf? Hehehe... I couldn't help laughing when I heard their question. Told them" man is a king!".
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

prahkeitouj wrote;

''Hehehe... I couldn't help laughing when I heard their question. Told them" man is a king!".

I got lost, you asked your peers the question & there answer was " man is a king!"

If correct what is that age bracket please? How many responded? Curiouser & curiouser.

I do 50% ++ of domestic chores. I do not hand wash her intimates however.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I always help with the housework when I'm home, although I do know a few Foreign guys, with local partners, who refuse to do any form of housework as "that is the woman's job", or they just pay for a cleaner to do it all.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"They asked if barang share housework with his gf?"

I think you've got that back to front. "Does gf share housework with her barang?" Well, of course she doesn't! She's rich now. She doesn't have to do that sort of thing anymore. She can just get her younger sister to do it when she comes around. (Wouldn't want to break a fingernail or anything).
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Username Taken wrote:"They asked if barang share housework with his gf?"

I think you've got that back to front. "Does gf share housework with her barang?" Well, of course she doesn't! She's rich now. She doesn't have to do that sort of thing anymore. She can just get her younger sister to do it when she comes around. (Wouldn't want to break a fingernail or anything).

That would be disruptive as my gf's sister is only one hour younger & just as foxxy.
I still have to give a long look to be sure who who.

Would cause surprise. I don't need that.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I always help with the housework when I'm home, although I do know a few Foreign guys, with local partners, who refuse to do any form of housework as "that is the woman's job", or they just pay for a cleaner to do it all.
You are a good partner.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Username Taken wrote:
I think you've got that back to front. "Does gf share housework with her barang?" Well, of course she doesn't! She's rich now. She doesn't have to do that sort of thing anymore. She can just get her younger sister to do it when she comes around.
That's exactly my experience.
I've also known a lot of families here and been in enough houses to know that it is not uncommon to just scrupulously clean some parts of a house and completely ignore others.
I don't know whether it's just a British obsession but most long weekends involve some sort of repainting, wallpapering etc etc, whereas here even people with money have some really tatty looking places.

I'm with you on that. Home improvement/ maintenance is a big thing back home. I don't feel as comfortable in a place that's unkempt, with dirty walls etc. Especially when it's so easy to fix. I remember being surprised going into a rich friend's villa here years back. The ceiling in one huge room was caved on one side, and when I asked him he said it fell in in the rain a few months before. Where I'm from we'd deal with that sort of shit immediately, no matter how much trouble or cost.
There's also the difference that most peoples back home have tools/ ladders/ etc around and someone can manage because getting an electrician or whatever in is going to cost you too much, like $50 an hour or more. Here its a lot cheaper to call someone to do it - even if they botch it!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic