Halloween in Cambodia: Pictures from Parties, Events, or Even Sexy Bar Girls in Costumes (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Etc)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Halloween in Cambodia: Pictures from Parties, Events, or Even Sexy Bar Girls in Costumes (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Etc

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hotdigr wrote:So you guys happily denigrate christian missionaries who come here to do whatever shit they do, because Cambodian culture/ religious beliefs shouldn't be besmirched by such shit (which I agree with 100% btw). But you don't see any hypocrisy in bringing, what was until 20 odd years ago, a SOLELY American piece of absolute bullshit,non buddhist based, western religious culture over here?
What - you need ANOTHER reason to get pissed and take drugs?
C'mon HD, you troll, you know that there's nothing so Khmer as appropriating any excuse for a party ! :banana: There are at least 3 New Years that are celebrated - and a lot of people even take time off work for them, because... well it's New Year, stoopid. :Yahoo!:
Then you've got Valentines, Easter, Xmas... am I missing some ? Oh yeah, probably International Woman's Day, and Human Rights Day is also a gas.
Have we got Mother's and Father's days yet ? Also missing is "Give your secretary flowers" Day, but that'll come. :good:

Haha, sorry about derailing your thread GM. Blame HD.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Halloween in Cambodia: Pictures from Parties, Events, or Even Sexy Bar Girls in Costumes (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Etc

Post by John Bingham »

Hotdigr wrote:. But you don't see any hypocrisy in bringing, what was until 20 odd years ago, a SOLELY American piece of absolute bullshit .....
It's been celebrated in Ireland for far longer than 20 years, and the roots of the festival are ancient.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:. But you don't see any hypocrisy in bringing, what was until 20 odd years ago, a SOLELY American piece of absolute bullshit .....
It's been celebrated in Ireland for far longer than 20 years, and the roots of the festival are ancient.
yup was celebrated in Britain far longer than the US has even existed
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Celebrating other peoples' holidays is the national sport :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Just Another Dave
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Just Another Dave »

I'm all for celebrating Halloween. October 31st. End of Summer. Getting seriously into fall. Everythings dying. getting ready for winter.

What makes NO sense, is celebrating Halloween in Australia. Everythings growing, it's green everywhere. really fertile. Dont get me started on Easter.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't know about now, but Australia never celebrated Halloween when I was a kid.
We did celebrate Guy Fawkes night, which was generally referred to as 'Cracker Night'.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Username Taken wrote:Don't know about now, but Australia never celebrated Halloween when I was a kid.
We did celebrate Guy Fawkes night, which was generally referred to as 'Cracker Night'.
"Cracker Night has a meaning all it's own in the deep south of Merica. But it began long before Merica was. :beer3:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:
Username Taken wrote:Don't know about now, but Australia never celebrated Halloween when I was a kid.
"Cracker Night has a meaning all it's own in the deep south of Merica. But it began long before Merica was. :beer3:
I've never heard of it, please, do tell....

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Just Another Dave wrote: What makes NO sense, is celebrating Halloween in Australia. Everythings growing, it's green everywhere. really fertile. Dont get me started on Easter.
Bring back the Bunny! :D

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

what the fucks a bilby?! lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic