Snookys food review

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Snookys food review

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Time to start Snookys food/steak thread.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Snookys food review

Post by Username Taken »

Snookys? What is it? Do they by any chance do steaks?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote:Snookys? What is it? Do they by any chance do steaks?
I'll let you know after my holiday in Thailand in December :popcorn:
as its a regular food stop of mine, be interesting to see the changes
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Haven't had the 'new' steak there but Gary's food seems to be a bit better. Don't know if the 3$ specials will be back, there's 4$ Specials now, pie and mash is decent (on Wednesday I think), others for every day of the week. The place isn't worthy of a thread IMO. Cheap beers are gone too not that I care. Never understood the allure to this place, guess if I was English then I might look at it differently. Breakfast opens at nine so that's a good change for those who need a thousand calories before lunch.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

As I've said before, its hard to beat the Missing Monkey (Monkey Mark's) $15 steak deal and add a micro-brew Ale and its heaven. (at least to me.) As the Ale label says "Happiness You Can Drink."

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Trying to delete double post.
Last edited by Sailorman on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Sailorman wrote:As I've said before, its hard to beat the Missing Monkey (Monkey Mark's) $15 steak deal and add a micro-brew Ale and its heaven. (at least to me.) As the Ale label says "Happiness You Can Drink."

If you want to talk about Monkey Marks you should use your thread not this thread about Snookys...

:stir: :stir: :stir:
Sailorman wrote:Bud: (with a massive 26 posts.) I guess I should stop holding a gun to your head to make you read my posts. Read the title (Monkey Marks Revisited). If you don't want to read what I have to say about Mark's, don't read it. Why don't you start a thread "Snookys Revisited."

I haven't been in Snookys in a long time because the last two times I went there because I was told the steaks were from Thailand and really great. Well, the steaks were terrible, but as I said its been a while.(I then discovered Mark's steaks.) I love it when I see places talked about here that are "just as good" or "steaks from the same provider" as Monkey Marks. Its well known that imitation is the best form of flattery. I don't know Gary and believe none of what I hear and half of what I read (actually none of what I read), that said I've heard some opposite of what you posted, but I d wish him well, and as I said don't know his background or education, but its a tough business with a limited expat population and I hope he can bring a solid background to the table and make it a place as good as Mark's . Its a shame that the "new" road cut into the front Snookys as when I was going there to listen to music and do the quiz it was a nice quiet/cozy place.

I'm all for eating places here trying to bring themselves up to the standards of Mark's place. As I've seen in the food service industry, places that can't meet high standards usually change personnel, or try to reinvent themselves, or go out of business. Yes, a tough business at the best of times. Here's hoping for a killer high season for all.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Sorry, (not) but others including you intrude on the MM thread with Snooky's so I though fair is fair. ( I guess not in your eyes.)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

BTW/ As soon as I get over the stomach flu I will give Snooky's a try.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Please move this thread to the food section where it belong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic