How to get working visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bilboaaa
Tourist

How to get working visa

Post by bilboaaa »

Hi, i come back to you guys,

How to get working visa in cambodia ? is it easy ? I m suppose to come with tourist visa then ask for working visa right ? then where i go ?

I will also need to manufacture cloths here. Where is the best place to get manufacturer ? need good quality stuff.

Thanks
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: How to get working visa

Post by bolueeleh »

if you dont have a contact before you plan about starting a garment business then you will be slaughtered here, why not go to bangladesh? it is nearer to india and labour cost are more competitive
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bilboaaa
Tourist

Post by bilboaaa »

bolueeleh it s small business, i have to print around 500 t shirt only, i have the website already
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

if its only 500 t shirt then for sure u dont need to travel half way around the world for that, do u? just observing
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bilboaaa
Tourist

Post by bilboaaa »

I don t want to live in my own country thats it!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: How to get working visa

Post by General Mackevili »

bilboaaa wrote:I m suppose to come with tourist visa then ask for working visa right ?
No! ! ! !

Don't ask for a tourist visa. Ask for a REGULAR visa on arrival.

Based on your plans, I don't even think you'll want to get a work permit.

Also, where is "home"? That could potentially affect how easy the visa situation is for you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bilboaaa
Tourist

Post by bilboaaa »

regular visa , what is that exactly ? Actually i will manufacture, stock and make thhe shipping in cambodia so why i should not take business visa ? i m from germany
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: How to get working visa

bilboaaa wrote:regular visa , what is that exactly ? Actually i will manufacture, stock and make thhe shipping in cambodia so why i should not take business visa ? i m from germany
No offence, but it just seems you don't have any real plan at all, so that's why it might not work for you.

Have you been here before? Do you currently have a successful t-shirt business in Germany?

A regular (extension) visa allows you to stay for 12 more months after your 30-day regular visa expires.

If you get a tourist visa on arrival you will only be able to stay for 30 days, and then extend it for another 30 days before you must exit the country.

What kind of t-shirts you selling? Getting into politics?

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bilboaaa
Tourist

Post by bilboaaa »

i know what im gonna do and how it s gonna work. I just wantt to know what visa i need, how to do , where to go etc...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: How to get working visa

bilboaaa wrote:i know what im gonna do and how it s gonna work. I just wantt to know what visa i need, how to do , where to go etc...
Well, that's it then. Just ask for the regular visa for $35 at the airport, and you're all set.

How much will you charge to make us CEO t-shirts? [We want a huge discount for all the help we give you, ok?]

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic