Potting mix - Gardening soil

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Potting mix - Gardening soil

Post by StroppyChops »

Jiffy products wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm Stroppy chops. Thanks for that.
Yep, free delivery on 225kg bag
We've spoken in Messenger, Dave - you're delivering to me tomorrow.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jiffy products wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm Stroppy chops. Thanks for that.
Yep, free delivery on 225kg bag
225Kg ??
You mean this one, right? 225 litre.

"225litre bag of Jiffy. Normally price $32 is now $28!!"

@Stroppy, I think we can do this. :thumb:
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:17 pm@Stroppy, I think we can do this. :thumb:
I'll give you a yell tomorrow or on the weekend.
Jiffy products
Tourist

Post by Jiffy products »

My bad... 225litre. Thx
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

An update - ordered a big bag from Dave yesterday, was delivered on-time today, product exactly as stated - legitimate Jiffy compressed peat.

Great price, given how poor local "soil" is. I'm also going to do some seed-growing with the school kids, will post photos (of the plants, you sick bastards) for those of you with too much spare time.
Username Taken wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:17 pm@Stroppy, I think we can do this. :thumb:
Sorry UT, I'm going to be selfish on this one - Mrs S and I have decided to do a spot of gardening and will keep the whole bag. Dave is really easy to deal with though, and free delivery is great - suggest you might get one yourself. If you only wanted a few kg come and help yourself.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm An update - ordered a big bag from Dave yesterday, was delivered on-time today, product exactly as stated - legitimate Jiffy compressed peat.

Great price, given how poor local "soil" is. I'm also going to do some seed-growing with the school kids, will post photos (of the plants, you sick bastards) for those of you with too much spare time.
Sorry UT, I'm going to be selfish on this one - Mrs S and I have decided to do a spot of gardening and will keep the whole bag. Dave is really easy to deal with though, and free delivery is great - suggest you might get one yourself. If you only wanted a few kg come and help yourself.

] legitimate Jiffy compressed peat.,,,,, Is it peat or potting mix or a mixture of both ,,,and coconut husk fiber ,?,,, pumice ....?

Probably wont matter as it's bound to be 100% better that any of that rubbish they sell at the other garden shops.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:24 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm An update - ordered a big bag from Dave yesterday, was delivered on-time today, product exactly as stated - legitimate Jiffy compressed peat.

] legitimate Jiffy compressed peat.,,,,, Is it peat or potting mix or a mixture of both ,,,and coconut husk fiber ,?,,, pumice ....?

Probably wont matter as it's bound to be 100% better that any of that rubbish they sell at the other garden shops.
Peat moss (sphagnum), white peat substrate, clay soil, fertilizer.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Disappointed Stroppy. Just got home from buying 20 flower pots, grow lights, etc.

So is the Jiffy compressed peat a potting mix, or does it need to mixed with something else?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 pm Disappointed Stroppy. Just got home from buying 20 flower pots, grow lights, etc.

So is the Jiffy compressed peat a potting mix, or does it need to mixed with something else?
If you're even partially serious, come on around and buy half a bag - no real skin off my nose either way as I'll just order another bag when I've used what I've got, and you can share that bag too. It's complete growing medium.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

And one more thing, how do you plan to keep the cat out of the pots. (serious question)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic