US Embassy In Phnom Penh Refused To Grant a Tourist Visa For A Cambodian Female Model Twice

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

US Embassy In Phnom Penh Refused To Grant a Tourist Visa For A Cambodian Female Model Twice

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Cambodian model, Heng Chantha, who won the MISS Grand CAMBODIA 2016 and was planning go to the states to join the final competition representing for Cambodia in Nevada state. Within one month, she applied for tourist visa for two times in which she was rejected both times.

She was really upset and took facebook to express how she felt after she was twice rejected by the US embassy for her tourist visa.

She wrote on her facebook, “The translator told her that they were afraid for granting me a tourist visa [They believed] once I get to the states and finish my competition, I wouldn’t come back to my hometown.”

She said, “At the end of the interview the counselor replied to me a really hurtful response, Sorry, I don’t give you”. Adding that, she was asked the same questions as the first time she went for the interview”.

She raised a question among her fan following her on her facebook, “ what factors to determine that I am not qualified for the tourist visa”.

According to Koh Santepheap News

Look like these two pictures were taken outside of the embassy before she went in for the interview

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: US Embassy In Phnom Penh Refused To Grant a Tourist Visa For A Cambodian Female Model Twice

Post by Cam Nivag »

She wore her tiara to the visa interview?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: US Embassy In Phnom Penh Refused To Grant a Tourist Visa For A Cambodian Female Model Twice

Post by phuketrichard »

sad but without land.a job, money....
why didn't the committee supply her a letter to request visa and guarantee /sponsor her?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote:sad but without land.a job, money....
why didn't the committee supply her a letter to request visa and guarantee /sponsor her?
^^^ Yes, this. However, what the heck is Miss Grand Cambodia? Bargain basement beauty title?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

overtly racist and discriminatory
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Frank, who is your comment directed at? Not clear to me. Thanks for clarifying.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
superdavemc
Tourist

Post by superdavemc »

As an American citizen I would like to apologize for my country's stupidity.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

should ask the trump to sponsor her :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

If only she were Syrian, Cuban, Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan, Nicaraguan, Panamanian, Colombian, Peruvian, Chilean, Venezuelan, Brazilian, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

What the hell I still have a USA residence. I'll sponsor her. Oh wait, is she 18 years of age?
Putheavy
Tourist

Post by Putheavy »

She should not apply for tourist visa as she is planing to join an international competition as presenting for Cambodia. She just apply for mission tourist and she show to invitation from the international competition committee from U.S. and also email should be sent by an international competition committee to U.S. embassy before her interview so every thing it will be fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic