Starting a new school

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Starting a new school

Post by vladimir »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am Somebody need to start a school to teach noobs how to start a school
That would be me.

50K will get you absolutely nowhere unless you want a small place the provinces...but you will see hardly any return

You'd also battle to get accreditation, I'm presuming you're a barang

250-500K and you have a chance...IF you know what you are doing, and could find a Khmer partner you can trust with contacts in the Education Department

I don't even sit down with people to discuss setting up schools anymore unless I'm getting paid for it, sorry, but dealt with too many scammers from Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, America, etc.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:43 am
Beerinthemorning wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am Somebody need to start a school to teach noobs how to start a school
That would be me.

50K will get you absolutely nowhere unless you want a small place the provinces...but you will see hardly any return

250-500K and you have a chance...IF you know what you are doing, and could find a Khmer partner you can trust with contacts in the Education Department

I don't even sit down with people to discuss setting up schools anymore unless I'm getting paid for it, sorry, but dealt with too many scammers from Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, America, etc.
You could start a small profitable business in the west with that money, why would you invest such big sums in country like cambodia.?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

That would be me.

I recon I could set up a school in one day and it would cost diddly shit dollars.

Firstly you must find a big mango tree, spread on the ground some locally made mats , plastic chairs , then spend all the money on GOOD teachers,
some magicians to entertain the kids and pay the teachers a decent salary. Throw in a free ice-cream for the kids at the end of the days lesson and your school will double in size every day.

Now explain to me why setting up a school means bricks and mortar and no money for GOOD teachers.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Duncan wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 am
That would be me.

I recon I could set up a school in one day and it would cost diddly shit dollars.

Firstly you must find a big mango tree, spread on the ground some locally made mats , plastic chairs , then spend all the money on GOOD teachers,
some magicians to entertain the kids and pay the teachers a decent salary. Throw in a free ice-cream for the kids at the end of the days lesson and your school will double in size every day.

Now explain to me why setting up a school means bricks and mortar and no money for GOOD teachers.
You could make them teach free too, easily enough workaway.com in vietnam/Cambodia is full of these dodge teaching jobs
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

vladimir wrote:
What do you charge for such a service Vlad? I hope it’s not too much with the amount you bitch about money and people making a lot of it.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LOL

I'd give a decent charity free advice, but no way I'm giving some well-off guy free stuff, those days are over.

Obvously it depends on a lot of factors, how prepared the person is already...some have no clue...

For example, most don't know the most important thing you should decide on when planning a school.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 am

some magicians to entertain the kids and pay the teachers a decent salary.

You could make them teach free too, easily enough workaway.com in vietnam/Cambodia is full of these dodge teaching jobs

Yes. You go ahead, then. :facepalm:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ vlad, that quote is from Duncan.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Thanks...quote messed up, sorry Duncan/or the other poster
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 pm Thanks...quote messed up, sorry Duncan/or the other poster
That's OK. Jesus loves you whether your wrong or,, right.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic