K440 Harshly Anti-American, in a Sly Way (And Playboy is Racist)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
TristranandIsolde
Expatriate

K440 Harshly Anti-American, in a Sly Way (And Playboy is Racist)

Post by TristranandIsolde »

Actually, I have nothing against anti-Americans, sometimes they bring up salient points. That's important to hear. Constructve criticism promotes growth.

But there's a big tendency by both mods on K440 (Scobie and Playboy only) and many outspoken posters to decry America in an often asinine way, but completely neglect their own faults, or their country's faults (every county has some). There is a definite bias there.

There's this anti-American fad now to put down America. And boy, is she up for abuse! Funny elections, fat people, culture, big boss syndrome, etc.

So there's a clear trend of harassment of American posters over the others at K440. It may be childish jealousy, nostalgia for the colonial days of Brtish rule, etc. Now, I have some good English friends, but these louts on K440 are "bad English" - you know, like "slip on soap" Hogan was.

At the same time, Scobienz, a trickster and someone who likes to play tricks on US veterans, is trying to woo big US companies to his business, but the businesses do not knowhe secretly hates the US and has a forum proving it. He always sides with the evil ones mostly from England (although there are good English too). They've formed a little Internet bully "gang." Poor sods.

I'm afraid that won't go over well with the big companies. Maybe Scobie should try Russian companies, see how well they pay.

Playboy had the gall to be a racist prick and encourage racist name-calling. To be fair, Scobie wrote (and he LIES and PLEADS ignorance ALL THE TIME) that he didn't like it either, he would "do what he could." That coming from a guy who childishly tried to trick me to go to some obscene location. Childish.

I feel sorry for Scobie, but he's going to have to bite the bullet with these big American companies unless he cleans up his/their act (without faking it). That kind of behavior is not acceptable especially in the upper levels.

They will be pariah to the business community, as is their want.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: K440 Harshly Anti-American, in a Sly Way (And Playboy is Racist)

Post by bolueeleh »

I smell something burning
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

WOW, sounds like some serious shit going on.

So, did yoy get banned like Edwardo?
Tell us, warts and all. What happened?

Should we report this to some Ministry or something?
TristranandIsolde
Expatriate

I have to add, I'm not an "America-only" nut job, and I respect England. It's just some of the worst Westerners in Asia are English louts, and we hav a few here in Cambodia (Jamie Lambo is a big exception, he's got language skills).

So it's not a Yank vs. Brit issue at all, however, K440 has a very big bias against most Americans.

Nothing wrong at all with pro-British speech, not at all.

It's just a few English/Commonwealth tribespeople that try to bully people drive away coheren thought criticizing their home country.

And I'll be the first to say America is very young and still has much to improve. DEFINITElY not perfect, just dynamic in her highs and lows. Yes, Third World in many ways, but also top notch in their well-deserved elitist circles. Again, flawed but commensurately DYNAMIC.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Ok, Tristran, just take a seat and relax.

I'll be back shortly. Just need to move a post over to the Asinine Area. Be right back.
TristranandIsolde
Expatriate

Username Taken wrote:WOW, sounds like some serious shit going on.

Don't know anything about Edwardo.

But a serious trend, and the racist comment and encouragement BY A MOD does not help.

And Scobie cutely tries to so detective work on me, what a creep.

As are a few other posters there, they follow people around and harrass them. And the mods do nothing about it, then they ban the complainant (the victim).

I wouldn't put it past them to organize this behavior. ("Yeah, go ahead and pester him/them, we don't like his/their viewpoint here, and he's too lucid. We won't ban you, and we'll even encourage you somehow like free beer at the K440 party as a bonus.")

Sounds like something they'd do.

That said, I like to be balanced. The POSTERS (not the mods or freaks) contribute a great deal and have a lot of history here. THAT good posting. But the mods hardly add to that, they often distract or allow distractions (post bickering) to detract from the good info buried under all the crap.

Can't wait 'til the hammer drops on them, it's going to be FUN!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TristranandIsolde wrote:
Username Taken wrote:WOW, sounds like some serious shit going on.

Don't know anything about Edwardo.

But a serious trend, and the racist comment and encouragement BY A MOD does not help.

And Scobie cutely tries to so detective work on me, what a creep.

As are a few other posters there, they follow people around and harrass them. And the mods do nothing about it, then they ban the complainant (the victim).

I wouldn't put it past them to organize this behavior. ("Yeah, go ahead and pester him/them, we don't like his/their viewpoint here, and he's too lucid. We won't ban you, and we'll even encourage you somehow like free beer at the K440 party as a bonus.")

Sounds like something they'd do.

That said, I like to be balanced. The POSTERS (not the mods or freaks) contribute a great deal and have a lot of history here. THAT good posting. But the mods hardly add to that, they often distract or allow distractions (post bickering) to detract from the good info buried under all the crap.

Can't wait 'til the hammer drops on them, it's going to be FUN!
Edwardo i think was also posting on the 2nd amendment thread before getting banned and also posting his dirty laundry here

you may find one friend here, named "Sailorman" who gets the brunt of most of the anti america, redneck, gun loving jokes, but other than him, you may find yourself on your own,
albeit the CEO US vs. UK debates are fairly tame these days,
if anything does kick off its usually Sailorman boasting about Guns and the 2nd amendment and everyone calling him a redneck :plus1:

here anything to do with Guns or terrorist propaganda gets a big yawn as its usually the same posters repeating themselves
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

With Jamie here: I do not think that Khmerr440 is particularly anti-American (just look at the shtik French get), it is just that some of the red-neck, gun-toting, cross-burning bigots don't come across to well....
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm calling the embassy as I type this. Thanks for alerting us to their mischievous ways.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

maybe tell them about it over on 440.
no one here cares much.

i highly doubt that "big american companies" take much notice either.
Locked Previous topicNext topic