Sihanoukville Beach Front New Look + Dolphin Shack

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville Beach Front New Look + Dolphin Shack

Post by Bertros »

jaynewcastle wrote:One thing I always wonder is how often those big cushions on the chairs get washed ?

On my 1st visit to Snooky a couple of years ago, everyday for 4-5 days, there was a huge fat old guy, must have been getting on for around 200kg's in weight , sitting in the sun in the same chair everyday at the same bar for hours, eating & drinking lots of beers whilst litres of sweat poured off him & soaked into the cushion everyday

It was pretty gross, especially for anybody later that day/evening who sat in the same chair & wondered why the cushion was damp :(

always weirds me out too. I never sit in one w/o shirt on or towels down.

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Raybull wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
shnoukieBRO wrote:is that Asbestos roof panels?

just think its the underside of the tin roofs
That ain't no tin mate, probably the typical fibre cement panels, needs a few more braces for the weight.
we need sailorman to tale a look

hes had 15 years in construction
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Sorry, only did construction when I was very young to pay for school, and only for a month as I realized it was kind of a dead end job and in a boom/bust construction market I could never rely on a job, so back to school.

SinBoy: Please get your facts right for once when you flame me. We know you are a Troll, but get the facts right. How's that aluminum hat working? Still getting messages from outer space?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Sailorman wrote:Sorry, only did construction when I was very young to pay for school, and only for a month as I realized it was kind of a dead end job and in a boom/bust construction market I could never rely on a job, so back to school.

SinBoy: Please get your facts right for once when you flame me. We know you are a Troll, but get the facts right. How's that aluminum hat working? Still getting messages from outer space?
you said on this thread
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/housing ... 86-60.html
Sailorman wrote:Pictures don't lie. Minimal supporting columns with very little rebar throughout. Tons of cheap red brick held up by next to nothing. Usual Cambo construction that will be painted white and have black fungus on it next year. Didn't see any pilings being driven to support the ground floor slab. No 45 degree supports for side to side movement, no support in the walls other than the usual cheap red brick. I may have missed something, but I didn't see a concrete vibrator to settle any of the concrete or proper curing of the young concrete.
i once laid some bricks for a month but it does not make me a bricklayer
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Kuroneko wrote:
Sailorman wrote:Jamie: I find it rather creepy that you are interested in my history so much. I worked off and on ships/yachts, and also land based establishments, who ever paid the most money, had the best benefits and gave me time to travel. Now tell me your history and vast knowledge of the world. Expect it to be fact checked in the future. (fair is fair.)

Good looking pizza pictured, but not the style I prefer. As I stated before, if you want to see a master at work go to Jeff Varasano's NY Pizza recipe web site. Those who posted comments should at least take the time to see how the best is done.

I'm rooting for three strikes for retard.

If your in Australia go to 400Gradi, Lygon St. Brunswick,Melbourne. Pizza world champion 2014. "Johnny Di Francesco arrived home today after taking top honours against 600 competitors from 35 countries at the Campionato Mondiale Della Pizza (Pizza World Championship) in Parma, Italy.

Johnny is the first Australian ever trained in Naples to the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana VPN rules and he’s the association’s Australasian Principal, travelling the region ensuring pizzeria’s are of the highest standard before officially inducting them into the Association.

Winning Pizza
notice how it looks like SM's pizza, even down to size. Upon seeing the SM pizza my mind went back to the Jersey and NYC pizza I ate SO much of. I can tell that would be a chewy crust, resisting the bite somewhat. All the chain pie places serve what is basically bread. Papa Johns being the worst, it's more like a biscuit pizza. No toppings? Crap. MOST of the NYC pizza you'd buy would come that way, or with some pepperoni. This was LONG before ppl started the pineapple, burger abominations, now add chicken, bbq and on and on (so why not amok then I suppose). For me the crust and dough are the big thing, makes it. And he's right about the HEAT.
Now I'll go back and read to the end of the thread, but I felt compelled to point out the champion pizza guy seems to be of the same thinking as SM.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

also gotta wonder why anyone would prefer metal or cement roofing to thatch, thatch is a natural for native feel, hell at least COVER the modern home depot/EVERYONE has it manufactured roofing. Next I'll read that someone hates all the bamboo they see stuff built with. Personally the new look is a bit too cookie cutter for me. I also hate places built ALL in one short time period. I'm afraid one day all you'll see is the brick slathered with cement block houses. I treasure the old wood buildings and French colonials. Hmmm, LIttle Boxes just popped into my head for some reason, haha.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Mr Curious wrote:also gotta wonder why anyone would prefer metal or cement roofing to thatch, thatch is a natural for native feel, hell at least COVER the modern home depot/EVERYONE has it manufactured roofing. Next I'll read that someone hates all the bamboo they see stuff built with. Personally the new look is a bit too cookie cutter for me. I also hate places built ALL in one short time period. I'm afraid one day all you'll see is the brick slathered with cement block houses. I treasure the old wood buildings and French colonials. Hmmm, LIttle Boxes just popped into my head for some reason, haha.
got to agree, i loved the thatch roof shack look, with wood everywhere, not a fan of the tin roof and concrete buildings
was talking about it earlier with my mate actually
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

traditional wood Khmer houses are being replaced by cement and concrete

the reason?
more expensive
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Mr Curious wrote:also gotta wonder why anyone would prefer metal or cement roofing to thatch, thatch is a natural for native feel, hell at least COVER the modern home depot/EVERYONE has it manufactured roofing. Next I'll read that someone hates all the bamboo they see stuff built with. Personally the new look is a bit too cookie cutter for me. I also hate places built ALL in one short time period. I'm afraid one day all you'll see is the brick slathered with cement block houses. I treasure the old wood buildings and French colonials. Hmmm, LIttle Boxes just popped into my head for some reason, haha.
got to agree, i loved the thatch roof shack look, with wood everywhere, not a fan of the tin roof and concrete buildings
was talking about it earlier with my mate actually
Thatch roofs are a much bigger fire hazard, and need more maintenance I guess
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic