HE's Bodyguard Unit to expand ranks.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

HE's Bodyguard Unit to expand ranks.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

HE's Bodyguard Unit to expand ranks
Mon, 12 September 2016
Mech Dara

Cambodia's military ranks are set to receive a further influx of new troops, including 350 destined for the Prime Minister’s Bodyguard Unit, according to official documents that surfaced recently online.

According to a decree signed by the premier on July 21, the Ministry of Defence was given permission to recruit 500 soldiers – 150 as infantry troops for the Special Military Zone, which covers Phnom Penh, Kandal and Kampong Chhang, with the rest designated as personnel for the Bodyguard Unit, which on September 4 celebrated 26 years since its formation.

Reached yesterday, the chief of HE’s bodyguards, an elite, well-armed unit comprising several thousand troops, said the new recruits were to replace retirees...

The news, however, comes amid a notable increase in public military exercises – including the recent deployment of boats, helicopters and troops near the Cambodia National Rescue Party’s capital headquarters...http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/h ... pand-ranks
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: HE's Bodyguard Unit to expand ranks.

Post by bolueeleh »

dont have money to clear lands of UXO but have money to feed thousands of bodyguards, fucking shameless
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i can see they will need the services of private military companies soon.

thars my shit right there.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Elections coming up...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bolueeleh wrote:dont have money to clear lands of UXO but have money to feed thousands of bodyguards, fucking shameless
They aren't just bodyguards, they are an elite army branch and perform other duties. Plenty were stationed up at Preah Vihear during the border conflict with Thailand.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:dont have money to clear lands of UXO but have money to feed thousands of bodyguards, fucking shameless
They aren't just bodyguards, they are an elite army branch

and perform other duties.

Plenty were stationed up at Preah Vihear during the border conflict with Thailand.

Don't tell me, [ I'm deaf ] show me. Pictures,,,, lots of pictures please.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I heard that in exchange for Ream Park (protection from the Cambodian courts) they got loads of uniforms, motorbikes, cars, guns, etc. from the Chinese. About the time I heard this a high up American official was in PP and I saw all the new Chinese equipment they had gotten. Lots of black weapons, tactical uniforms and new bikes.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They got all that new equipment around the same time all the other military did, just after the 2013 elections. The deal between the Bodyguard Unit and the Chinese company happened in 2010.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

John Bingham wrote:They got all that new equipment around the same time all the other military did, just after the 2013 elections. The deal between the Bodyguard Unit and the Chinese company happened in 2010.
Is john bingham such a cunt in real life?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ bigger than such. At least that's what I heard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic