Three Cambodian bus companies receive official warning.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Three Cambodian bus companies receive official warning.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Three bus companies earn ministry warning

Mon, 12 September 2016
Lay Samean

The Ministry of Public Works and Transportation has issued warning letters to three transportation companies it has deemed irresponsible, ministry officials confirmed yesterday.

Minister Sun Chanthol used a Thursday meeting on the implementation of traffic laws to reprimand bus companies Virak Buntham, Rith Mony and 15SH for negligence and breaking traffic laws.

But Va Sim Soriya, the ministry spokesman, confirmed no immediate action would be taken to penalise the companies.

“The letter was only a warning. If we see a bus driver who is careless, we will stop the driver and revoke the driver’s licence,” Soriya said. “But as for a company shutdown, I cannot tell you anything.” ...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/t ... ry-warning
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Three Cambodian bus companies receive official warning.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha surprise surprise about VET being in there lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I remember HE saying years ago how any bus company would lose its license if it had another accident. But then he also said all buses would be required to have "black boxes".....
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I ever took Rith Mony and Swear to not take it again. Heard bad thing about Vireak Buntham buy never take it. I don't want to take it but not many bus companies go to Koh Kong. I asked Giantibis, Mekong Express and Golden Bayon, but no bus to there. Any good bus to Koh Kong to comment?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

we will stop the driver and revoke the driver’s licence,”
You mean to tell me that the drivers have a driving licence !!!! LOL.

As for bus to Koh Kong, when I lived there always went on Virak Bunthams mini bus, never a problem.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

prahkeitouj wrote:I ever took Rith Mony and Swear to not take it again. Heard bad thing about Vireak Buntham buy never take it. I don't want to take it but not many bus companies go to Koh Kong. I asked Giantibis, Mekong Express and Golden Bayon, but no bus to there. Any good bus to Koh Kong to comment?
You should try Sorya 168, ive been to koh kong border with them before, took it from SHV at 8am, their main bus station is on corner of central market, cheap but cheerful ive used them all the time

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

They should add Giant Ibus to that list. Last time I took them the driver was obviously stoned on something and almost killed us a few times. I contacted the company and they could care less. You can read about it on TripAdvisor
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:I ever took Rith Mony and Swear to not take it again. Heard bad thing about Vireak Buntham buy never take it. I don't want to take it but not many bus companies go to Koh Kong. I asked Giantibis, Mekong Express and Golden Bayon, but no bus to there. Any good bus to Koh Kong to comment?
You should try Sorya 168, ive been to koh kong border with them before, took it from SHV at 8am, their main bus station is on corner of central market, cheap but cheerful ive used them all the time

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ

I found the biggest problem with Sorya buses is the passengers always open the windows, and then the aircon dose not work. On one trip to Kep about a year ago, there was road works for about 5 km on the way. It was as dusty as hell, and the driver stopped , opened the roof vents,,,, then the only window that could open,,, which was beside me at the back of the bus. The roof vent sucked in all the dust and expelled out the window beside me, ,,,, for about 2 minuets . Then I slammed it shut and did the same to the roof vent. When we got to the end of the road works, the driver again stopped and came to shut the roof vent and window . Passengers told him , barang shut.
He just smiled at me . ha ha.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ

I found the biggest problem with Sorya buses is the passengers always open the windows, and then the aircon dose not work. On one trip to Kep about a year ago, there was road works for about 5 km on the way. It was as dusty as hell, and the driver stopped , opened the roof vents,,,, then the only window that could open,,, which was beside me at the back of the bus. The roof vent sucked in all the dust and expelled out the window beside me, ,,,, for about 2 minuets . Then I slammed it shut and did the same to the roof vent. When we got to the end of the road works, the driver again stopped and came to shut the roof vent and window . Passengers told him , barang shut.
He just smiled at me . ha ha.
haha i find i always end up sitting in one of the seats where the aircon is just a fucking hole because the plastic bit has broken, always end up freezing on the bus, one reason i like them is the station is round the corner from my apartment in SHV and the bus is usually just full of locals with maybe a couple of foreigners who also got their tickets direct as well, i only need a couple more stamps in my loyalty book and i get a free bus journey :D :D
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

March 22 2017. 4 people were injured as this bus ploughed into some meat stalls at Battambang. Some other vehicles were also damaged.
http://www.hangmeasdaily.com/index.php/ ... 2?start=20
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic