Entrance Fee For Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda in Phnom Penh Going Up to $10 on January 1, 2017

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Entrance Fee For Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda in Phnom Penh Going Up to $10 on January 1, 2017

Post by timmydownawell »

Taj Mahal:

$15 for foreigners
$0.60 for locals

1:25.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Entrance Fee For Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda in Phnom Penh Going Up to $10 on January 1, 2017

Post by bolueeleh »

timmydownawell wrote:Taj Mahal:

$15 for foreigners
$0.60 for locals

1:25.
should be free for locals, but then again, there might be too many indians who wants to visit taj mahal
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I saw Taj in New Orleans House of Blues for $10. :popcorn:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

It's free to take a tour of The White House.
You just need your friendly US Rep. to get you the tickets.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Disneyworld has the same entrance price for everyone, short/tall, fat/skinny, longnose/shortnose, big jaw/small jaw, hair/balding, beard/shaved, green/blue/brown and downright scary eyes, black/white/red/yellow/green skin

all pay the same for everything, almost like taking a skytrain in Bangkok
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

I would rather take the sky train.

Walt Disney World Tickets
Adult Child
3-Day Ticket $189 $176
3-Day Park Hopper Ticket $214 $201
3-Day Water Park Fun & More Ticket $221 $208
3-Day Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More Ticket
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

John Bingham wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:getting squeezed on illegal logging? or illegal sand dredging?
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
KOW government got caught in a lie, it used to be nobody asking so they could do it in the open, now it became somebody are asking questions so they have to be more discreet, hopefully next time it will be somebody taking action so that they could not do it at all.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... rt-numbers

if i were them i probably would just make a formal sand mining area and be done with it, nothing beats the exhilaration of getting something for free and selling it for 80% profit, raping nature really feels very good i must say
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I have no idea what any of that has to do with the palace.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

John Bingham wrote:I have no idea what any of that has to do with the palace.
i was just trying to jokingly imply that those corrupt bastards are being squeezed else where, I.e. sand dredging & illegal logging, so now they turn their attention to milk the tourist spots i.e. angkor wat & palace entrance fees
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sure, because the sand-dredging company also owns the royal palace...
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic