Nigerian Expat Caught On Video Assaulting Indian Expat Over Money in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: Nigerian Expat Caught On Video Assaulting Indian Expat Over Money in Cambodia

Post by Luigi »

Where is the possible alleged racism? I do not trust Nigerians. That does not make me a racist?
Xenophobic perhaps. Prejudiced for certain. Nigerian is not a race but a nationality.

Actually race in biology does not exist. Racism is a societal construct.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Nigerian Expat Caught On Video Assaulting Indian Expat Over Money in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh »

JonS wrote:You fellas need to chill for real. Harry say he gonna pay, he gonna pay. He late paying that's all. Everybody gotta understand that and all been there done that. He smashed the dude only because he threatened to tell everybody that he owed him cash. I seen the video and Kumar throwin punches too so lets be fair and let them sort it and not question who's fault this is. The way I see if it's 50 / 50 right now.
Peace :bootyshake:
come and smash my face too now that i am threatening to say to everyone u r douche too for condoning such acts, bring ur booty down to shv
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

According to mr kumar Your mate didnt agree to borrow the money in the first place?
Moral of the story is dont owe people money

មិនដេលកុហក មិនដេលយំ
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Realist
Tourist

Post by Realist »

So somebody attacks you, eventually you retaliate to defend yourself, and that makes it 50/50 ?
My ar*e
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

CEO just received a email from Harry giving his side of the story, so I will add it here:

"Hi,

I read your post and here's what truly happened. I booked a flight for a
friend via Kumar the Indian guy. It's $340! I paid him $100 first and
deposited computer and I promise to pay him off. I pleaded with him
severally and assured him of his money. He chose to do a post to embarrass
me publicly as he rightly said. I saw d post and called him why he did that
and he was full of insults cursing me on phone and it's not d first time. I
felt like he had something against me and just looking for opportunity to
take revenge at me. I have never cheated anyone and i work so hard to get
to where i am now. This man is not truthful to you. YES! I regret punching
him but that was due to anger which he caused because he really pushed me.
I also expected that you should have made effort to reach me to hear my
side of it. Currently he has my computer. I told him to wait to this Friday
when i get paid at work then i pay him off. Ask him if any these are just
stories i cooked up. Is owing someone money and be available to talk and
made arrangement to payback a scam? I would like you to do what's right on
this post. He threatened me with police million times like i was running
away with his money. He sees me and i constantly asked him to wait till I
can pay off and Friday is just 48 hours away. My name is Harry and I
approve of this message. Feel free to write me if necessary
"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Boomkid
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Boomkid »

HI ,
i am sivakumar . the things harry told is only half true .

first of all he told that he gave me 100$ yes , but ask him when he gave me ? he came to book ticket on 29th july and when i asked him he told me he will give once his friend arrives for whom he booked the ticket . so i told him ok . then the next day from morning i called him ,but no answer . and i kept trying he didnot even reply . so i messaged him that i am gonna come to his show to collect the money . he told ok . these sms chats have been shared in the sccammers page , you all can check for it . so after the program he gave me 100$ and told the remaining he will pay off tomorrow . so i left from metahouse . again same thing happened the next day thats 31st july . kept on telling me tomorrow . same thing happened on aug 1st , he told me wait untill 7pm as he was working untill that time . as i knew he was not coming then i asked for his passport for to deposit for the money . for this he replied that he cant give his passport but can send 100 more dollars the nextday which never came .he told me that he will send me in wing . but didnt .so on 2nd aug i ask him again regarding the money , jhe told he couldnt get the money and again asked me to wait for 2more days . after a week passed by i tried to call him but he never picked my phone , he even switched off his phone . so came the sms from him on 8th aug that he will pay off on the weekend . but he came one day to tell again with some excuses, this time he gave me a shitty old laptop and told its very expensive . while giving this laptop he told he will come back in 3 days to collect his laptop . but never saw even his shadow. like that one more week of excuse passed by and i tried his phone but as usual no answer . so on 30th aug i asked him how long i have to wait for the money , i asked on 30aug because i thought he might had got his salary and he can pay me off but no answer .
after i really got tired with this guy i asked for the last time that if he dont payoff the money i will put it on face book and expose him . that was on 3rd sep and he started telling excuse that he is not a kid to threaten . so you guys tell me what should have i done with guy who failed to pay me over one month .
i was calling him to ask regarding this he never picked up the phone . so how can he tell that i pushed him to this far ?
all these details i said above have proof for . i am not telling lie like and make stories like him . all these sms conversations are in the face book . you guys can have a look at it . and after seeing my video my fellow restaurants staffs has told that he has to pay them also and even the tuk tuk guys .

and look at the date now 9th sep still he didnot turn up still may be he is still waiting for everyone to forget about this matter. he told me he will come and pay off the money. but still didnt see him .

this one is for JONS who was supporting for him : if he was a good guy y didnt u lend him the money to pay me . are u afraid that he will cheat you also. or you know about this guy already that he is a scammer.

anyone of you want more clarification pls come to my restaurant, which is GREAT INDIA RESTAURANT , st278 opp duplex bar . i can show you the evidence and proofs regarding this matter .

thanks

sivakumar
great india restaurant
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Welcome to the forum, Boomkid.

Personally, I don't blame you at all and it seems you're in the right here. He's said he'll pay you numerous times, and when that date has come and gone, he still hasn't paid you. And then to assault you is beyond wrong.

You say he's a "scammer." What's the scam here, or has he just been unable to pay?

Also, what lead you to selling a ticket to someone and letting them pay later once the ticket had already been used? Is this common practice or was it a favor for a friend or what?

And I've known Harry for years, and while I don't condone anything he's done related to this story, I've always thought of him as a good guy and never heard of him scamming anyone.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Boomkid
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Boomkid »

Yes like you I also thought he was a good guy,
You can look at the sms, i told him when you come to take the ticket pls bring the money also, that time he told yes. So to confirm I asked him again when he came to my shop that I am gonna issue the ticket. Then he told ok. So after I issue the ticket he told me he will give me tomorrow when his friend comes whom he booked the ticket. I don't have to know what happened to his friend and him. That was his responsibility to give the money on time. So sir what should I do, I thought him as a good friend that's why I trusted him even though he was an Nigerian, as everyone told me don't ever trust a Nigerian, pls excuse if my words are offending. But i just wanna ask you what will you do when something like this happens to you? I thing I gave more than enough time to pay me back the money. If you think I am wrong for this then I have nothing else to tell you.
You will not learn untill it happens to u
So sir if you trust him so much y don't u give me the money he owes me from your pocket? Hope u might not have any problem.
If I wouldn't have put this in facebook, no body would have known about this. And my fellow friends from near by restaurants and bar told that he has to pay them also.

Nothing much from me to tell any more.

So pls tell your beloved friend to come tomorrow, I am still waiting. Because of his assault I couldn't go to work for 2 day, who will compensate that and for my injuries?

And his one more friend Jon's told he will payoff. But i wanna ask when????

Give me an answer for that.

Thanks
telephoneoperator
Tourist

Post by telephoneoperator »

General Mackevili wrote:
You say he's a "scammer." What's the scam here, or has he just been unable to pay?
Inability to pay *is* exactly the scam. Interesting to see some people coming out in defence of an entitled thug who likes to throw his weight around.

Kumar, I'm sympathetic to your plight, but you are not going to get your money back unless you get your entire community and embassy to put pressure on the police and immigration department to apprehend the scum-bag and get him to pay up. No one should have to tolerate this kind of bullying and criminal behaviour.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Whats Harrys excuse for not paying the remaining $240?? its hardly a large sum of money...
I'm with Kumar on this one
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic