New Chiropractor in Sihanoukville Mark Coutelas (Australia's Solo Man) has Dark History in Thailand with Guns and Drugs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ice balls
Tourist

Re: New Chiropractor in Sihanoukville Mark Coutelas (Australia's Solo Man) has Dark History in Thailand with Guns and Dr

Post by Ice balls »

I was suffering through a back problem the last couple of months - not the simplest of problems with a curve (out of alignment) of my chest, shoulders screwed-up, and a chronic disc glitch in the lower back. My back hurt all of the time and it was not getting better. I read some of this thread but given my level of discomfort, I gave Dr. Mark Coutelas a shot. First visit saw 50% pain reduction, and I was about an inch taller without the twist in my spine. Second treatment and I was well on my way to recovery. I could stop treatment here but I think I'll give it more treatments just to see if he can give me a better long-term prognosis.

I've had Chiropractic treatments in a few countries, including in Phnom Penh, and I'd put Mark easily in the top 10% of practitioners. I was very impressed by his level of skill, education, and insight. He is not just a chiro but also a Doctor of Osteopathy, and a good one at that.

I was disappointed to see no other reviews of his work here. For myself, I took the chance to see if his treatment was something that would work for me. It has, so I have no problem offering a ravingly positive review. I also decided to not make it a major concern that he had some 'history' in Thailand. Shit happens ... I went for a spinal adjustment, not morality counselling. :-).
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: New Chiropractor in Sihanoukville Mark Coutelas (Australia's Solo Man) has Dark History in Thailand with Guns and Dr

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

How to find him ?
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Ice balls wrote:I was suffering through a back problem the last couple of months - not the simplest of problems with a curve (out of alignment) of my chest, shoulders screwed-up, and a chronic disc glitch in the lower back. My back hurt all of the time and it was not getting better. I read some of this thread but given my level of discomfort, I gave Dr. Mark Coutelas a shot. First visit saw 50% pain reduction, and I was about an inch taller without the twist in my spine. Second treatment and I was well on my way to recovery. I could stop treatment here but I think I'll give it more treatments just to see if he can give me a better long-term prognosis.

I've had Chiropractic treatments in a few countries, including in Phnom Penh, and I'd put Mark easily in the top 10% of practitioners. I was very impressed by his level of skill, education, and insight. He is not just a chiro but also a Doctor of Osteopathy, and a good one at that.

I was disappointed to see no other reviews of his work here. For myself, I took the chance to see if his treatment was something that would work for me. It has, so I have no problem offering a ravingly positive review. I also decided to not make it a major concern that he had some 'history' in Thailand. Shit happens ... I went for a spinal adjustment, not morality counselling. :-).
so u signed up to tell us this?

yeah right
hi Dr!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:How to find him ?
You don't find him; he'll find you! :dragonchase:
No really there's a map on the first page.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Did he paddle over on the yellow canoe? Does he use an ice pack to relieve pain. My mate used to know Chuckie from the Telstra mobile ads back in the day. He was dodgy too. Then there's Barry Crump and Toyota...
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

He reminds me of Shantaram.
Ice balls
Tourist

Post by Ice balls »

I called 096 556 7731. Same day service. $35 for what I need. Have no idea of fees for different types of treatments.
Ice balls
Tourist

Post by Ice balls »

The Moderator wrote the initial contribution on this thread, with words to the effect 'if anyone is brave enough (to have back tweaked) let us know how it goes'. I did let this group know how it went. Now I get a little slagging, disbelief as to credibility, oh must have an alterious motive. Yeah, I guess that happens in a bulletin board filled with bored, cynical know-it-all ex-pats with nothing better to do. I would also hope that some people are here for information. Last time I looked for a Chiro was 4 years ago, and since there was no local person I had to go for crap treatment from a French chiro in PP, expensive and low skill level.

The other explanation is that I was trying to be helpful, what with the 'let us know how it goes' comments.

I got a good turn from a medical professional here, so however odd it seems to you, I try to return the favour by writing a positive endorsement for somebody who gave me major pain relief. If your time is better spend slagging people that you don't know ... that says much more about you than me.

Sometimes people actually mean what they say. But maybe it's more entertaining to slag strangers, particularly if you know practically nothing about them.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

He's not a stranger, he's the Solo guy with a couple of nasty convictions. Bloody good bloke though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic