WESTERN BAR STAFF WANTED - OTRES VILLAGE

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
daraly
Expatriate

Re: WESTERN BAR STAFF WANTED - OTRES VILLAGE

Post by daraly »

"where the fuck do u see $500/month?"

I'm guessing the poster is referring to rent and food costs since the magnanimous owner is throwing in 2 hots and a cot.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: WESTERN BAR STAFF WANTED - OTRES VILLAGE

Post by bolueeleh »

phuketrichard wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:so at the end of the month if he saves every $ he earns he has a whole $120/month ( visa $30/)
my god
Free bed, free food, free drinks, and cash to cover additional expenses? It's not for me, but this kind of thing is the backpackers dream, and at least $500/m they don't have to spend from their own pocket.

where the fuck do u see $500/month
:facepalm:
he meant usually thats the amount a backpacker would hv to spend but could save in this case
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: WESTERN BAR STAFF WANTED - OTRES VILLAGE

Post by epidemiks »

phuketrichard wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:so at the end of the month if he saves every $ he earns he has a whole $120/month ( visa $30/)
my god
Free bed, free food, free drinks, and cash to cover additional expenses? It's not for me, but this kind of thing is the backpackers dream, and at least $500/m they don't have to spend from their own pocket.

Read it again Richard. I'll break it down for you into easily digestible parts. Put your glasses in and I'll walk you through it.

Part 1: Free bed, free food, free drinks, and cash to cover additional expenses

Part 2: at least $500/m they don't have to spend from their own pocket

Equivalent expenses for a month of backpacker ing that is NOT spent (that's part 2, stay with me now), due to the OP's offer (yep, that's part 1, well done Richard):

30 x 5 bucks a night flop house; $150
60 x 5 buck meals; $300
100 x 0.50c beers; $50

Grand total: $500 bucks.

And they get paid $120 to do with as they please, like getting dreadlocks or a new foot tattoo or whatever

Clear?
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: WESTERN BAR STAFF WANTED - OTRES VILLAGE

Post by Retardedwaitress »

epidemiks wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
my god

Read it again Richard. I'll break it down for you into easily digestible parts. Put your glasses in and I'll walk you through it.

Part 1: Free bed, free food, free drinks, and cash to cover additional expenses

Part 2: at least $500/m they don't have to spend from their own pocket

Equivalent expenses for a month of backpacker ing that is NOT spent (that's part 2, stay with me now), due to the OP's offer (yep, that's part 1, well done Richard):

30 x 5 bucks a night flop house; $150
60 x 5 buck meals; $300
100 x 0.50c beers; $50

Grand total: $500 bucks.

And they get paid $120 to do with as they please, like getting dreadlocks or a new foot tattoo or whatever

Clear?
5 dollars a day will get you a tuk tuk past the pack of rabid dogs that lurk in otres villages after dark.
daraly
Expatriate

Post by daraly »

Obviously anyone taking this position isn't in to upward mobility. But assuming the vert is honest, that is the shifts aren't too long, the food is edible and that there is at least one free day to get out of Shitsville it could appeal to younger party animals who came to Cambodia for sun and fun and brought their naivety with them.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

daraly wrote:Obviously anyone taking this position isn't in to upward mobility. But assuming the vert is honest, that is the shifts aren't too long, the food is edible and that there is at least one free day to get out of Shitsville it could appeal to younger party animals who came to Cambodia for sun and fun and brought their naivety with them.
They bought naivety with em and will no doubt leave there sanity behind.
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Post by Алина Анисимов »

frank lee bent wrote:Qualifies under trafficking law.
Below even local minimum wage.
I can't get a Khmer houseboy for that money.
Barang chkai chgoot choi mrai
If he needs a moral compass he will buy one! Who posted this before? And why is he a crazy dog etc, you are not being OTT?
It sounds great for a backpacker and no doubt the employee will be told never to admit to working . I think whoever takes it will have a fun and cheap month.
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Post by Алина Анисимов »

daraly wrote:Obviously anyone taking this position isn't in to upward mobility. But assuming the vert is honest, that is the shifts aren't too long, the food is edible and that there is at least one free day to get out of Shitsville it could appeal to younger party animals who came to Cambodia for sun and fun and brought their naivety with them.
I think there is a good chance that the person taking this job may well be a gap year student or someone who has just finished their degree. I would have taken a job like this . Good luck OP in finding someone ,I guess a notice in a local backpackers would be better, than here (wrong demographic) where you get called a crazy dog by a mod!
daraly
Expatriate

Post by daraly »

[quote]and no doubt the employee will be told never to admit to working [/quote

And what happens when Immigration Police come into the bar while the party animal is working? Sorry Alena, that won't fly. As cheap as the owner is getting his help he should protect him either by getting the permit or paying some baksheesh under the table. That is if he cares about him or her which is probably not the case.
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Post by Алина Анисимов »

daraly wrote:
or paying some baksheesh under the table.
[/quote]

There is your answer lol I guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic