is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
I would give you a + karma point , but I think you deserve much much more for that fine achievement.
Spoiler:
maybe a beer
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Duncan wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
I would give you a + karma point , but I think you deserve much much more for that fine achievement.
Spoiler:
maybe a beer

I mean it's 8am but who am I trying to impress lol

:beer1:
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

I would have thought by now that it was well known that Cambodia isn't necessarily a place where everyone drinks, just because a few Alcoholics drink.

And what a surprise it is that Alcoholics flock to Cambodia to drink cheap beer. Oh wow, I would never have known. Of course it doesn't help that it's the cheapest place after Vietnam for that.

Then again Cambodia also had quite a few people drinking coffee like I did at times. The fact was it was nice to escape into the pleasant environment of a Cafe rather than the restaurants often plagued by the same old drunkards telling that same Ole story ad nauseum.

Cambodia has something to offer everyone. That is its good point but can also be a bad point for those individuals who are unable to resist the freedoms of choice available at lower prices than can be afforded in the West.

Cambodia is not at fault here.

You make your individual experience of the Country on your own terms and are free to find and mix with a wide variety of personalities who either do or don't have vices.

Your freedom; your choice.

Meaning if you find yourself moaning about choosing the company of boring Alcoholics then that is your fault, because you made the wrong choice.

Up 2 u
Rider of the storm.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

When I lived in Phnom Penh, I went for 6 weeks once without a drink, realised that I was bored and decided to have a beer.

After that, the only times I ever felt a bit bored was during the hottest days when heading outside was to be avoided if you could.

Now I live in FNQ and it's the same.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Joker Poker wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm When I lived in Phnom Penh, I went for 6 weeks once without a drink, realised that I was bored and decided to have a beer.

After that, the only times I ever felt a bit bored was during the hottest days when heading outside was to be avoided if you could.

Now I live in FNQ and it's the same.
6 weeks is a good effort.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am :beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:

Even more boring after you pass through the pearly white gates.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

God wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am
PIEMAN wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am :beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:

Even more boring after you pass through the pearly white gates.
In heaven is no beer, that's why we drink it here. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

^^ There is if you're a Pastafarian-
"The Pastafarian conception of Heaven includes a beer volcano and a stripper (or sometimes prostitute) factory.[38] The Pastafarian Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have sexually transmitted diseases.[40]"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic