is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 164
Great Britain

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am

I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 6411
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 1368
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by Duncan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 am

JUDGEDREDD wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am
I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
I would give you a + karma point , but I think you deserve much much more for that fine achievement.
Spoiler:
maybe a beer
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:34 am
Reputation: 164
Great Britain

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by JUDGEDREDD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:12 am

Duncan wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am
I just went 24 hours without a beer and I've done the same a few times whilst out here. I've also had a lot of fun though so I'm just balancing the books / liver.
I would give you a + karma point , but I think you deserve much much more for that fine achievement.
Spoiler:
maybe a beer

I mean it's 8am but who am I trying to impress lol

:beer1:
User avatar
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 pm
Reputation: 0
Solomon Islands

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by snookie BRO » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:25 pm

I would have thought by now that it was well known that Cambodia isn't necessarily a place where everyone drinks, just because a few Alcoholics drink.

And what a surprise it is that Alcoholics flock to Cambodia to drink cheap beer. Oh wow, I would never have known. Of course it doesn't help that it's the cheapest place after Vietnam for that.

Then again Cambodia also had quite a few people drinking coffee like I did at times. The fact was it was nice to escape into the pleasant environment of a Cafe rather than the restaurants often plagued by the same old drunkards telling that same Ole story ad nauseum.

Cambodia has something to offer everyone. That is its good point but can also be a bad point for those individuals who are unable to resist the freedoms of choice available at lower prices than can be afforded in the West.

Cambodia is not at fault here.

You make your individual experience of the Country on your own terms and are free to find and mix with a wide variety of personalities who either do or don't have vices.

Your freedom; your choice.

Meaning if you find yourself moaning about choosing the company of boring Alcoholics then that is your fault, because you made the wrong choice.

Up 2 u
Rider of the storm.
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 102

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by Joker Poker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm

When I lived in Phnom Penh, I went for 6 weeks once without a drink, realised that I was bored and decided to have a beer.

After that, the only times I ever felt a bit bored was during the hottest days when heading outside was to be avoided if you could.

Now I live in FNQ and it's the same.
User avatar
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 pm
Reputation: 75
Cambodia

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by Beerinthemorning » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Joker Poker wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm
When I lived in Phnom Penh, I went for 6 weeks once without a drink, realised that I was bored and decided to have a beer.

After that, the only times I ever felt a bit bored was during the hottest days when heading outside was to be avoided if you could.

Now I live in FNQ and it's the same.
6 weeks is a good effort.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:56 am
Reputation: 180
Cambodia

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by PIEMAN » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am

:beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
User avatar
God
Omnipotent
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 am
Reputation: 25
Location: Heaven
Cambodia

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by God » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am

PIEMAN wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am
:beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:


Even more boring after you pass through the pearly white gates.
User avatar
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Reputation: 245
Location: Siem Reap
Netherlands

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by Sidewalker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:49 am

God wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am
PIEMAN wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:05 am
:beer3: i did a year,god that was boring :please:


Even more boring after you pass through the pearly white gates.
In heaven is no beer, that's why we drink it here. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
bittermelon
Expatriate
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am
Reputation: 87
New Zealand

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by bittermelon » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:11 am

^^ There is if you're a Pastafarian-
"The Pastafarian conception of Heaven includes a beer volcano and a stripper (or sometimes prostitute) factory.[38] The Pastafarian Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have sexually transmitted diseases.[40]"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyKK, Anthony's Weiner, clutchcargo, GMJS-CEO, Google Adsense [Bot], jd1965, Kammekor, ned kelly, phuketrichard, taabarang, Terry Fishsauce, yongchi and 218 guests