is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: is Cambodia full of bored alcoholics?

Post by John Bingham »

Multipox wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 pm
Retardedwaitress wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 pm Ive seen one guy in sihnoukville drink 14 beers before noon to entertain himself while others just plain live on bar stools .
I see a real lack of imagination here in cambodia and alot of barangs just doing nothing but drink day in day out.
Now you know the dirty secret of the 3rd world.
BKKTrapper knows all about stuff. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 am
Retardedwaitress wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:03 pm Ive seen one guy in sihnoukville drink 14 beers before noon to entertain himself while others just plain live on bar stools .
I see a real lack of imagination here in cambodia and alot of barangs just doing nothing but drink day in day out.
The strange thing is that some people do find drinking Alcohol to excess MEANINGFUL, and the fact that Cambodia is cheap in that regard is one very big reason why there are so many piss heads in Phnom Penhs 172 and 52 streets...etc.

:smileinbox: :stir:
Rider of the storm.
Mata Hari
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Mata Hari »

The whole world is full of bored alcoholics, this problem is not limited to cambodia....
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm not bored.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

snookie BRO wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 am
The strange thing is that some people do find drinking Alcohol to excess MEANINGFUL, and the fact that Cambodia is cheap in that regard is one very big reason why there are so many piss heads in Phnom Penhs 172 and 52 streets...etc.
I think you meant 51? I went through there on Saturday evening and it was mostly dead.The only strange thing is how you and BKKTrapper think a couple of streets frequented by tourists are somehow representative of a whole country.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 am
snookie BRO wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:55 am
I think you meant 51? I went through there on Saturday evening and it was mostly dead.The only strange thing is how you and BKKTrapper think a couple of streets frequented by tourists are somehow representative of a whole country.
Drinking is a number 1# favourite pass time for barang.

Cannot deny that.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Cambodia is not full of bored alcoholics.

It's full of alcoholic bores.
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

I tend to agree with that.

There is no denying that Cambodia is a magnet for digital nomads who love the Cambodians coffee culture.

There are many things that you can do here and you can only be bored if you don't have any imagination or if you have done it to death over the years; meaning time to move on to another venture
Rider of the storm.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 am
Trapper cant afford to drink 14 beers before noon, even if he was drinking in 7/11 :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

No where near full.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic